Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: Card sleeves? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Wilson
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Which card sleeves, and what size are people using for Terraforming Mars?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164572/card-sleeve-sizes-...?

This is a great list for all games.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Standard "Magic: the Gathering" sleeves - 65x90mm

Plethora of options.

I went with Blue KMC Hyper-Mats because I had extra, but Dragon Shields are also good (but pricey!). Ultra Pro are OK - cheap, shuffle OK, but not as rugged as the others and have a stupid hologram.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Koenig
Germany
Fuerth
Bayern
flag msg tools
Tom is crazy!
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Fantasy Flight Standard, which are 63.5mmx88mm.
So they are smaller than MtG and should fit better, I guess.

Correct me if Im wrong.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mechaniac wrote:
I use Fantasy Flight Standard, which are 63.5mmx88mm.
So they are smaller than MtG and should fit better, I guess.

Correct me if Im wrong.


FFG sleeves are actually a bit longer than other similar sleeves.

They measure 66x95. The 63.5x88 on the package refers to the card size, not the sleeve size. They are a decently priced sleeve, but I don't like the oversized fit.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Koenig
Germany
Fuerth
Bayern
flag msg tools
Tom is crazy!
mbmbmbmbmb
TradenMyr wrote:
Mechaniac wrote:
I use Fantasy Flight Standard, which are 63.5mmx88mm.
So they are smaller than MtG and should fit better, I guess.

Correct me if Im wrong.


FFG sleeves are actually a bit longer than other similar sleeves.

They measure 66x95. The 63.5x88 on the package refers to the card size, not the sleeve size. They are a decently priced sleeve, but I don't like the oversized fit.


Oh thx for the hint! Well, basically I have some sleeves of all sizes and go by trial and error , never really measured them.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mechaniac wrote:
TradenMyr wrote:
Mechaniac wrote:
I use Fantasy Flight Standard, which are 63.5mmx88mm.
So they are smaller than MtG and should fit better, I guess.

Correct me if Im wrong.


FFG sleeves are actually a bit longer than other similar sleeves.

They measure 66x95. The 63.5x88 on the package refers to the card size, not the sleeve size. They are a decently priced sleeve, but I don't like the oversized fit.


Oh thx for the hint! Well, basically I have some sleeves of all sizes and go by trial and error , never really measured them.


When use the FFG sleeves, place the card in the middle of the sleeve with leftover space up and down.
This helps to make the pile stable, I always do one pile with all cards, and they don't fall down.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mechaneer
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just sleeved mine with the Ultra-Pro Matte ones.
Very happy about them
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Wilson
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome stuff guys thanks. Especially that Geeklist on card sizes. That's amazing.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peeters
Belgium
flag msg tools
cvaast wrote:
I just sleeved mine with the Ultra-Pro Matte ones.
Very happy about them


The Holograms don't bother you? Can u post a pic of a card in one those sleeves?

Thanx fellow Belgian
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.