Hide
7 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: Playmat Size? + Sleeves for Fleets? + Glu Fleets? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Day Life
msg tools
I have some non-rule questions for Star Trek: Ascendancy...

1) I saw there is a PlayMat for this game... dose anyone know what size it is? I mean, one of the coolest things about this game is the map, wouldn't this restrict that aspect of the game as you would have this set space to play on?

2) Dose anyone know if there is a sleeve size / brand / "Got a Link" that fits the "Fleets Cards"?

3) Should we glu the Fleets Ships to their stand, or is that not attached as in future expansions we might be expecting different ship models that could fit onto that fleet number token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Walsh
United States
Plano
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the playmat is 3ft square.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought about gluing them, but then I was also worried something new might come out requiring the base separate.

As for sleeves, I bought some Dixit sleeves (80mm x 120mm) from Mayday which seem close enough. Just waiting for them to show up. They will require the top to be trimmed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
ScottE wrote:
I thought about gluing them, but then I was also worried something new might come out requiring the base separate.

As for sleeves, I bought some Dixit sleeves (80mm x 120mm) from Mayday which seem close enough. Just waiting for them to show up. They will require the top to be trimmed.

please send a pic when done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:
ScottE wrote:

please send a pic when done?

There's a picture of them in this thread- Card Sleeve Solutions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Stevenson
msg tools
mbmbmb

Star Trek: Ascendancy Play Mat

Quote:
The Star Trek: Ascendancy Play Mat takes all the guess work out of your galaxy building. This beautiful 3’ x 3’ game surface depicts the spiral arms of the galaxy which encompasses both the Alpha and Beta Quadrants, home to the game’s great civilizations. While providing an obvious border for your game map, the mat also indicates where you should place your Home System in both a three- and a four-player game. The mat is perfect for an evening of exploration and expansion.

I bought an Standard x-wing 3x3 mat. It works well to define the play area but doesn't have the handy starting world markers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:

1) I saw there is a PlayMat for this game... dose anyone know what size it is? I mean, one of the coolest things about this game is the map, wouldn't this restrict that aspect of the game as you would have this set space to play on?

Maybe I'm misinterpreting this question, but you do know that the borders of the map should always be clearly defined each time you play, right? All the playmat does is keep you from changing those borders from game to game since it is a set size. Personally, I play on a circle to keep the player positions completely fair. But I'll use a larger circle when/if I add more players via expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.