Subject: Any news for future releases? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
In Time
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there has been discussion on whether battle lore was dead or fantasy flight would continue thier expansions but they r old,, anyway have any new information on thier plans for 2nd edition? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fling
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's dead! Star Wars hogs all of the FFG attention.

I have nothing to base this off of, except for the fact that it has had no attention from FFG sense the Undead came out last October.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
BattleLore 2E has gone through long quiet periods before. There's been a recent rumor that the game design is complete for the Elves--which would be two army packs, presumably. But there's been no official announcement of pre-production or impending publication.

I worry a little that BattleLore might suffer from diversion of resources to Runewars Miniatures Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Waddingham
United States
Maryville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
I worry a little that BattleLore might suffer from diversion of resources to Runewars Miniatures Game.

This.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
waddinghambrett wrote:
Carthoris wrote:

This.
Or, just as likely, parallel development.

Wait, that is also non-news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OrangeCat X wrote:
waddinghambrett wrote:
Carthoris wrote:

This.
Or, just as likely, parallel development.

Wait, that is also non-news.

It would be parallel development if it wasn't dead already anyway. Runewars didn't kill it, but it is dead nontheless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In Time
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I hope your wrong. I was looking forward to new factions and also thought leader units (with spells/new powers)for each faction could have been really cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herwig Riedl
Austria
Graz
flag msg tools
roll the hard six
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
well the question is: how well did the expanions (small and big) sell.

and did the marketing push(demo sets in the stores) they did with the undead faction, improve sales.

(also in the moment nothing is being reprinted from battlelore; thats never a good sign for sales.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Browne
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Alternatively, in Q1 2017 they'll start releasing more information about Runewars TMG, announce the Terrinoth World book and start pushing their Terrinoth products in general - including Battlelore and the Elves - just as they did with their entire Arkham Files line this autumn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonboyjon wrote:
Alternatively, in Q1 2017 they'll start releasing more information about Runewars TMG, announce the Terrinoth World book and start pushing their Terrinoth products in general - including Battlelore and the Elves - just as they did with their entire Arkham Files line this autumn

This is what I think. Elves have not appeared in BattleLore yet, and to my knowledge they haven't been a big part of Descent, either. I can imagine a big elf lineup for next year:
- new elf army packs for BattleLore
- new elf-based scenario for Runebound and/or elf hero in the pack
- new elf army announced later in the year for RuneWars
- new elf-themed Descent expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:
This is what I think. Elves have not appeared in BattleLore yet, and to my knowledge they haven't been a big part of Descent, either. I can imagine a big elf lineup for next year:

From your lips to FFG's ears!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:
jonboyjon wrote:

You know, Runebound is long past due for a new announcement, and it definitely is not dead, as it was very well received, so maybe you have a good theory there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herwig Riedl
Austria
Graz
flag msg tools
roll the hard six
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:
jonboyjon wrote:

would make sense. thanks for the info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We want Dwarves !!!! angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Its very NOT dead.

With the loss of warhammer fantasy, this is the perfect fit to fill in that space. They have a fantasy world, many games for it already and a fan base dedicated to it.

Many people even some playtesters for FFG have hinted elves in 2017.

Gamers in general have no concept of the term "limited amount of money to get".

If they released everything we all wanted for all the games we have of theirs, their sales would suck. Most gamers do have a $ budget, and there is only a limited amount of money FFG can acquire from games in any given year. You stagger it, maybe waiting 6 months to a year or more for a big release. This lets your many other games get their time in the spot light, lets your customers wallets breathe, and build anticipation and hype slowly for a new product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Humphreys
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The entire Battlelore: Second edition line discounted in the FFG Holiday sale doesn't bode well for future expansions.

https://holiday-sale.fantasyflightgames.com/catalogue/catego...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn..it's such a good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Beisaic wrote:
The entire Battlelore: Second edition line discounted in the FFG Holiday sale doesn't bode well for future expansions.

How does it not bode well?

They could have a lot of overstock of it they want to move for space.

Its a easy way to get people involved into their fantasy world

Sale does NOT mean dead game.

Like my post above this, playtesters have already said elves are coming 2017
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Browne
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
scourn1 wrote:
[q="Beisaic"]Like my post above this, playtesters have already said elves are coming 2017

Just because a game/expansion has been developed/playtested doesn't mean it can't be shelved/cancelled.

As long as it's yet to go to the printer then they could still give up on it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scourn1 wrote:
Beisaic wrote:

Not that I want you to be wrong but on the Relic forms a playtester said more was coming and then dead game. Sooo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
Not that I want you to be wrong but on the Relic forms a playtester said more was coming and then dead game. Sooo...

Relic is subject to an external condition that does not apply to BattleLore. In the case of Relic, all WH40K content is unavailable to FFG after this year. So Relic is out the door along with all of the other FFG products that use Games Workshop IP.

Edited to add: That same GW-FFG split is why I actually had high hopes for BattleLore. The loss of Warhammer Fantasy games would naturally (I thought) be compensated by more development of FFG games with the Terrinoth setting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scourn1 wrote:
Beisaic wrote:

Which playtesters I might ask? Why is it that we can't see any posts from playtesters?

And sale means dead game if the sale is that much discount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:
Why is it that we can't see any posts from playtesters?

Most of the "playtesters said" posts I read are either hearsay or supposed 3rd-hand accounts of something.

Playtesters themselves would likely not be posting information on unreleased products, as doing so would directly violate their NDA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Either way with the fire sale and the new miniature game coming out, I think it is looking very grim for BattleLore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Toenail21 wrote:
Why is it that we can't see any posts from playtesters?

Most of the "playtesters said" posts I read are either hearsay or supposed 3rd-hand accounts of something.

Playtesters themselves would likely not be posting information on unreleased products, as doing so would directly violate their NDA.

Exactly, not going to rely on hearsay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.