Subject: UTEK Solo Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Kosta
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello! I recently received my copy of UTEK and am loving it so far. I've tried a few solo games, but there is something that I am unsure of. For the dummy player, I know that it's actions are determined by the roll of the war dice, but when it comes time to select an army and region, do you use the roll for the action? Or do you re-roll each time?

As an example, let's say the dummy player rolls a 5 during the Day on the Compass card. So their action is Patrol. Do they then use the 5 "hand" to select the army that patrols and which region to patrol to? Or do they re-roll for each decision?

One other question I have is that on page 29 in the rule book under Build in the solo section, it reads "If using war towers..." but I don't see the term "war towers" mentioned anywhere else in the book. Am I just missing it? or is this something from the expansion? If so, I'm happy to know that the expansion is compatible. If I've just missed it, my apologies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey madscientist
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
From what I understand, deciding which army during the dummy players turn is done by the initial roll of the dice. Since there are multiple patrol, quest, etc you can have different results depending on what you rolled. The 2nd decision - where to move to is done by a 2nd roll of the dice.

As far as war towers, I am curious about this as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
War Towers are in the expansion Tiny Epic Kingdoms: Heroes' Call. Which doesn't exist in the Ultra Tiny version (yet?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kosta
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah, yes, that makes sense. Thank you. Looks like I need to go back and play a few more games with this new info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.