Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrey
Russia
St. Petersburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if I've got two Second Chance upgrades in play, and my unit leaves play? My guess it that they do not stack: the unit leaves, both trigger succesfully, one returns the unit, the other doesn't do anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geekmate75
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
as there is a legendary Upgrade (Mythmaking), and Second Chance is not a legendary upgrade (limit 1 in play), i'd say that it gives you the opportunity to save two units per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zulyen wrote:
as there is a legendary Upgrade (Mythmaking), and Second Chance is not a legendary upgrade (limit 1 in play), i'd say that it gives you the opportunity to save two units per turn.

Legendary refers only to how many copies of a card you can have out in play. It has no impact on the effect of an upgrade if there are two copies out.

Reading the card strictly, I wouldn't think this stacks. Both instances of the card ought to trigger at the same time, and the 2nd would fizzle (or perhaps it wouldn't fizzle...instead it would return the unit to play AGAIN, triggering any Arrives: abilities). Unless of course multiple units leave play at the same time and then each card randomly gets a chance to pick a unit? It's a good question; I'm surprised it isn't already in the FAQ on this card.

I'm checking on the official forums as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://codexcarddb.com/card/second_chances

Quote:
If one of your TOKEN units leaves play, then it's destroyed as usual. (Tokens can't go to other zones than in play.) This does not use up the "once-per-turn" of Second Chances, so Second Chances will still trigger later than turn if one of your non-token units dies from something other than combat damage. — Sirlin

That ruling isn't directly on point, but I'd extrapolate from it that if Second Chances can't return the card, the effect isn't "used up". So if you have two Second Chances, one of them will return your unit, and the other one can't (as the unit has already been returned), so it'll still be ready for the next time this turn that a unit leaves play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen an official answer yet but I think that's likely the case, based on how some other cards are written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.