Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuppenny Halpfenny wrote:
I have one kings pledge on the way, but I was thinking of picking up another kings pledge as the dropship sellers are making an apperance. Is it worth doubling up .. or is there enough in one set?

If you're getting a second copy "just to have" or collect, sure, but a second set to combine with the first would be tremendous overkill. It would give you more figures than will comfortably fit on the typical board and any custom scenarios you make for such a setup would be out of reach of 99%+ of Conan players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, seriously. It would be overkill.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would second that,
given that you have with king and stretch goals already quite a number of alternatives for base box minis duplicating them doesn't make much sense - same goes for the rest of the material.
If you are looking at the second hand market and want to increase your diversity I would look for addons you didn't get not the base box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I can't imagine needing duplicates of a lot of the stuff. It might be nice for rare occasions to have more than 5 Pict Archers or Bossonian Archers, but there's a ton of stuff that's useless for every outside case like that.

Use the money to get some of the expansions when/if they appear at retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. definitely not, you won't even use what you have in the King set, let alone another one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To go against the grain, I believe there was some small reasons to get another pledge, but it has been over two years so my memory is kind of fuzzy. But more dice and some of the characters could summon demons and if you wanted to be able to summon the same type, I swear there was a few more reasons but like I said it's been a long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
To go against the grain, I believe there was some small reasons to get another pledge, but it has been over two years so my memory is kind of fuzzy. But more dice and some of the characters could summon demons and if you wanted to be able to summon the same type, I swear there was a few more reasons but like I said it's been a long time.

i think that's the reason i ended up ordering 4 extra sets of colored bases (but also can't be sure - it's been too long).

Having extra sets for MOAR minions is all fine and good except that (A) to make use of them you have to use custom scenarios[1] and (B) only the small handful of people who have two unboxed copies can play those scenarios.

Having a second, unboxed copy as a collector's item would seem to be a legitimate case for getting another copy.

[1] = practice is revealing that creating balanced scenarios for Conan is surprisingly challenging. No point system can be applied in this game - there are far too many variables whose values depend on far too many other variables (whose values depend on far too many other variables...). Thus, creating balanced scenarios is necessarily a matter of trial/testing and error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.