BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: AireCon 4: 10-12 March 2017, Harrogate International Centre rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aire Con
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just a week after AireCon 3 and we're already working on AireCon 4.

It will be 10-12 March 2017 at the Harrogate International Centre. We'll be using Hall D and Kings Suite allowing us to host up to 500 people a day

Expect loads of space for open gaming, Travelling Man's huge games library for you to borrow games from, more traders and exhibitors and a tonne of fun events.

You can follow all the news on our Facebook page or the event page for AireCon 4.

And of course our website, Twitter and Instagram
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aire Con
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tickets are now on sale for AireCon 4; http://www.airecon.uk/tickets

We also have a competition running where you could win FREE TICKETS and a copy of Terraforming Mars; http://www.airecon.uk/competition

Already have quite a few exhibitors on board, and are working on some exciting things that we hope to confirm over the next few weeks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Booked for 6 of us, Fri/Sat with cheap-as-chips rooms at the Premier Inn to boot. Looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aire Con
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
UK Games Expo will remain on board as sponsors of AireCon. We're so grateful for the support, advice and generosity of the UKGE team.

It's great to be involved in a community that is so friendly and helpful, and UKGE are a great example of that. Before I get too smushy, you'd better go read the press release...oh dear, I appear to have something in my eye.

http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/morenews.php?id=220

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aire Con
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lots of activity since we opened ticket sales and trader reservations, already we've got the following attending in the exhibition area;

Grim Tree Games
Warm Acre Games
Invincible Gaming
Inside The Box Games
Medusa Games
YAY Games
Wotan Games
CCG & Board Game Social
Naughty Overlord
Sinister Fish
Mantic Games
Travelling Man
more are to be confirmed, but we should have a good variety for you to peruse

We've also already sold over 10% of tickets in less than a week of them being on sale, don't miss out on this great event, get yours here; www.airecon.uk/tickets
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hotel booked - tickets purchased - looking forward to my 3rd Airecon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mercer
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK.

I've taken the plunge and booked a 3 day ticket.
It will be my first EVER games con and I'll be on my own, so please be gentle!

I look forward to seeing people there and playing LOTS of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aire Con
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Tim,

Thanks for choosing AireCon as your first Games Con

Playing games is the focus, so that should definitely be something you can do!

We plan on having games you can sign up to play with others, and an area where you can go along to meet up with other gamers.

If you have any questions or anything don't hesitate to ask, or you can drop us an email; hello@airecon.uk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aire Con
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Latest plans!

We're pleased to announce that Geeknson will be coming to AireCon 4 and bringing some of their fancy tables. Keep an eye out in January for our competition where you'll get a chance to win a 2-hour slot to play at one of these VIP tables with up to 3 friends

We can confirm that AireCups will still be available for AC4 - just buy one of these mugs and you'll get tea and coffee at the discounted price of just 50p a cup!

More traders are to be confirmed, it's going to be a great event, over 100 people have already got their tickets, treat yourself this christmas! www.airecon.uk/tickets

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmel Jones
msg tools
Do you get a confirmation e mail? Its taken my money but that's it, no confirmation or ticket info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
I did, with an "order complete" heading, and the email is your ticket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmel Jones
msg tools
no sign of mine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Possible server problems over xmas, maybe? I'd email them. Just checked and my email came through within minutes. I suspect someone will pick up on it in this forum, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmel Jones
msg tools
Sent e mail no reply and no sign of anyone on here. Not looking good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Put it down to the season. These folks are volunteers so maybe just a well earned break. There was activity on their facebook page as recently as 20.12. I am sure you will hear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Geordie Geek
United Kingdom
Chester-le-Street
County Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will certainly be coming to this, just got to decide if doing as a weekend trip or just a day visit.

Budgetary restraints and EASTERCON the month after suggest that it will be a day trip however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aire Con
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Carmel,

So sorry in our delayed replying, it was indeed due to the season. We've replied to your email now.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aire Con
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
To celebrate just 8 weeks to go until AireCon 4 we're running a competition where you could win 2-hour's gaming time at a VIP Geeknson table for you and up to three friends.

Obviously you need to be at AireCon to claim this prize, so if you haven't already go to www.airecon.uk/tickets

To enter the competition go to;
https://gleam.io/YheIh/geeknson-vip-table-time-at-airecon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Howitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Luxton
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I booked my hotel for this in mid November with an option to cancel but haven't got tickets yet. Now I'm concerned it's getting bigger and will be like UKGE. My first convention was UKGE 2016, I sent my first 7 or 8 hours there alone and didn't find a single game to join, the only flag I saw was the one I was carrying.

Having found myself doubting whether Airecon is worth attending alone I find
FAQ wrote:
"We welcome groups of all sizes as well as catering for individuals with our 'AireFlags', if you see one of these at a table, there's a game that needs more players!".
and in this thread
AireCon wrote:
We plan on having games you can sign up to play with others, and an area where you can go along to meet up with other gamers.

so a bit of clarification would be appreciated.

I did see Tim's post earlier in this thread and have sent a geekmail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aire Con
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey Paul,

We're nowhere near the size of UKGE, we're expecting about 500 individuals, UKGE gets somewhere in the region of 7000*

We do anything we can to get people playing with others, especially if they have come on their own. You can expect all of the following;
AireFlags - Use one of these to attract other people to a game you'd like to play, or if you see one it means 'more players welcome'.

GameSeekeers area - this is an area where you can meet other gamers that are looking for a game. We are hoping to have it manned by one of our AireCrew who can run short games whilst waiting for other players to turn up, and try and match people up to play a game together.

Game Board - Where you can post a game you'd like to play, or look at what others want to play and sign up to it. It'll have a scheduled start time, just meet back at the board at the scheduled time.

Events - We tend not to have seminars and such, but run a series of events that encourage interaction and lots of laughs!

Dinner - We are currently negotiating with local restaurants to host a crowd of us for a meal, everyone and anyone is welcome to join, but spaces may be limited.

Ambassadaires - These are volunteers whose specific task is to make sure you're having a great time! If you're looking for a game or not sure about something, just go and speak to one of them.

Hope that helps and hopefully we'll see you in March!
Mark

*attendance numbers are recorded higher as they count 1 person that attends all three days as 3 for attendance, hence why those numbers say about 15000, the equivalent for AireCon will be about 1200!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caezar Al-Jassar

Cambridge, UK
-- Non U.S. --
msg tools
designer
mbmb
We will demoing our game Cauldron Master at AireCon2017!

It is our second game to be put to kickstarter after our first game Lab Wars did really well.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheBigGeordieGeek wrote:
Will certainly be coming to this, just got to decide if doing as a weekend trip or just a day visit.

Budgetary restraints and EASTERCON the month after suggest that it will be a day trip however.

I will be at Eastercon, I am still not sure about getting to AireCon though. partly because Eastercon, but I am also going to UK Games Expo and Worldcon this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Geordie Geek
United Kingdom
Chester-le-Street
County Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andyl wrote:
TheBigGeordieGeek wrote:

I will be at Eastercon, I am still not sure about getting to AireCon though. partly because Eastercon, but I am also going to UK Games Expo and Worldcon this year.

Wish I could get to WorldCon, but the flights were too expensive and so were the ferries for the drive :-(.

Still EasterCon and the UK Games Expo will be great and a day trip to Airecon will be fun too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aire Con
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello all,

Volunteer applications are now open! Volunteering to be part of the AireCrew is a great way to meet loads of friendly people and you'll be rewarded with free stuff including;
Free entry, free AireCup, discounts off games and potentially even a High-5 from Ben and Mark!

To find out more and volunteer, head on over to www.airecon.uk/volunteer

If you have any queries or questions, please just get in touch with Ann, Queen of Volunteers; ann@airecon.uk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.