Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Wells Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
W Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barbi wrote:
Will there be any copy of A Handful of Stars from Lord Wallace available ? I've pre ordered but I'll be glad to have a go at Aircon whistle

I contacted Traveling man with a similar query relating to Archipelago and Troyes, they were really helpful and let me know they will have a copy of Archipelago but not Troyes but they also gave me a link to the library it looks like they'll have over the weekend

Traveling Man Leeds library
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aire Con
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The wonderful and splendiferous Paul Grogan will be at AireCon with some amazing new prototypes and previews from CGE, Space Cowboys and Ludicreations, the first time they'll be available to play in the UK.

You could have a go at Codenames: Duet, a new game from Vlaada Chvatil, a new game from Ludicreations, the new Unlock! game from and expansions for Through the Ages, Adrenaline and Tash Kalar.

We've also released our events schedule which includes Mega-Karuba (gamer bingo with up to 50 people!) our SuperBoard tournament, eights teams pit head to head in a grueling battle of the boards, Game Room 101 and lots of other stuff as well. You can read all about it in our latest newsletter here; http://eepurl.com/cChPDz

You can get your tickets for AireCon 4 here; www.airecon.uk/tickets

In other news we'll be dropping to an annual schedule after AireCon 4, so AC5 will be March 2018, in Harrogate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavien Loisier
United Kingdom
Heckmondwike
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
bjwells wrote:
barbi wrote:
Will there be any copy of A Handful of Stars from Lord Wallace available ? I've pre ordered but I'll be glad to have a go at Aircon whistle

I contacted Traveling man with a similar query relating to Archipelago and Troyes, they were really helpful and let me know they will have a copy of Archipelago but not Troyes but they also gave me a link to the library it looks like they'll have over the weekend

I can bring my copy of Troyes, long time I haven't played it, I would enjoy !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aire Con
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maths Trade - deadline 24 February

For the first time at AireCon we will be hosting an official Maths Trade. If you've never taken part in one before, they're a great way to cycle out some of your older games and pick up some new ones completely free!

To learn more about the maths trade and to enter some games just go to the official maths trade geeklist here.

The deadline for submitting games is 24th February. Any games you don't manage to trade you can enter into the Bring and Buy.

Speaking of which...

Bring and Buy

The Bring and Buy is always popular which is why we're tripling the size of it for AireCon 4!

You can sell games on to earn some bucks to be able to buy MORE GAMES!

The Bring and Buy is manned throughout AireCon until 6pm on Sunday, just drop of your games, let them know the prices and we'll do the rest. At any point you can come and collect your cash or the games that have not yet sold. Any games or cash not picked up by the end of AireCon will be donated to charity.

It's completely free to use the Bring and Buy, but there is an optional, suggested donation of £1 for each successful sale with all proceeds going to our nominated charity CAP, just put it in the pot at the stand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you going to publish your Bring and Buy forms in advance, to make check-in quicker?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aire Con
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, we will be doing that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aire Con
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Our latest AireCup design

You might be thinking - oh no, it's just another black mug, but this is a special black mug, it's chalk board! So you can write your name on your mug so you know it's yours.

AireCups are just £6 from the ticket desk, and mean you get tea and coffee at the discounted rate of just 50p a cup (rather than £1.50) AND you get a nifty mug!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aire Con
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Two and a half weeks to go and this is how the main hall is looking, all trade space is full! Not shown are the Kings Suite (events), Kings Conservatory (Large tables for big games) and Quiet Gaming area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aire Con
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Whoop whoop, just two weeks to go.until AireCon

BREAKING NEWS - Paizo have come on board and will be sponsoring our RPG Marquee and will be running into sessions to Pathfinder on Saturday and Sunday. The inimitable John Dodd will also be there running some excellent RPGs in the marquee*

There's loads going on at AireCon and Michael has done an excellent roundup on Toucan Play that Game;
https://youtu.be/7HKXAsci6g4

55% of tickets have now been sold, so we'd really recommend booking tickets in advance as we have to limit attendance. We've sold out of Saturday tickets at the last two events and are currently ahead of the curve.

*I originally wanted a teepee, the room isn't tall enough! Also, not sure if teepee is culturally insensitive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Luxton
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three Kingdoms Redux is not the most common game and it's long, so chances to play aren't easy to find. I believe it's being republished this year and we've found it to be well worth the time investment.

If anyone is interested in playing Three Kingdoms Redux Paul Grogan will be bringing his copy. He's hoping but unsure if he'll be able to find time to play himself so it may need 1 or 2 players. Anyone interested who doesn't know the game will need to watch the how to play vids and a give the rules a quick once over.

Our 2 games so far, without teaching have taken around 5 hours so probably only one game but possibly 2, depending on interest and Paul's availability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone fancy Firefly: The Game at Airecon? Probably on Saturday morning, between about 3 and 5 hours depending how many people, how fast they all play and what story card we choose. Drop me a GM if interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aire Con
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bring n Buy and Arranged Gaming Forms
Our Bring n Buy has always been busy, so this year we're tripling the available space. For the first time this year we're also trialling arranged games, where you can advertise for players and sign up in advance of the start time.

To aid in these we have produced forms that you can complete before the start of AireCon, meaning less queueing and saving you valuable gaming time when you're there!

Bring n Buy (A4, editable pdf): Print off and hand in the completed form at the Bring n Buy. You'll be given raffle tickets matching your items, just hand them in to collect you dosh or unsold items.
Click here for the Bring n Buy form
You will be able to enter items into the Bring n Buy on the day, it may just take a while longer.

Arranged Gaming Form
(A6, pdf): Print off the form and fill it out, head to the Gameseekers area, just outside the entrance of Hall D, and stick it to the noticeboard. Make sure you're back at the Gameseekers area in good time for your posted start time.
Click here for the Arranged Gaming form
Blank forms will also be available during the event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pam & Tim Kelsey
United Kingdom
Hull
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barbi wrote:
bjwells wrote:
barbi wrote:

If you've space, we'd love to learn Troyes. There Fri & Sat. Probably sat near bnb, wheelchair parked close by.
Tim and Pam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavien Loisier
United Kingdom
Heckmondwike
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
smile10089 wrote:
barbi wrote:
bjwells wrote:
barbi wrote:

If you've space, we'd love to learn Troyes. There Fri & Sat. Probably sat near bnb, wheelchair parked close by.
Tim and Pam

Great, seems we have a table ready !

Do you intend to bring Russian Railroad ? If not, I'll bring it, one of those games I would like to play with other experienced players

I'll bring for sure Zhanguo, Mombasa, Troyes. Is there a list of what people bring, to avoid packing too big suitcases ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Wells Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
W Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barbi wrote:
I'll bring for sure Zhanguo, Mombasa, Troyes. Is there a list of what people bring, to avoid packing too big suitcases ?

Someone should start a Geeklist. I would but I'm not planning to bring anything unless someone asks for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pam & Tim Kelsey
United Kingdom
Hull
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barbi wrote:
smile10089 wrote:
barbi wrote:
bjwells wrote:
barbi wrote:

Tim and Pam

Great, seems we have a table ready !

Do you intend to bring Russian Railroad ? If not, I'll bring it, one of those games I would like to play with other experienced players

Sorry, we won't be bringing games with us, as we generally play games from the library, or what we buy at the bnb. Happy to play Russian Railroads if you bring it, or alternatively if it's in the library.
Cheers
Tim and Pam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Wells Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
W Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smile10089 wrote:
Happy to play Russian Railroads if you bring it, or alternatively if it's in the library.
Cheers
Tim and Pam

It's not in the library, if that effects anyone's plans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavien Loisier
United Kingdom
Heckmondwike
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
bjwells wrote:
smile10089 wrote:
Happy to play Russian Railroads if you bring it, or alternatively if it's in the library.
Cheers
Tim and Pam

It's not in the library, if that effects anyone's plans.

One more to add in the suitcase laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caezar Al-Jassar

Cambridge, UK
-- Non U.S. --
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait to come

I'll be demonstrating our range of games from Alley Cat Games including:

Lab Wars - which kickstarted last year which is an engine building game set in a realistic backdrop of academic sabotage! We'll have copies to sell and happy to sign them.

Cauldron Master - Our current game on kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1529264298/cauldron-mas... a unique blend of social deduction and set collection mechanics that is light and portable but packs a strategic punch. Beautifully illustrated by a famous gothic horror artist.

Dice Hospital - Which will be illustrated by the Quadropolis artist. Will bring in our current working prototype and looking for testers on it. Will be our Summer Smash as we think it it's bloody fantastic ! haha.

Will be there Fri-Sun, just let me know if you want to play any of those games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aire Con
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
caljassar wrote:
Can't wait to come

I'll be demonstrating our range of games from Alley Cat Games including:

Lab Wars - which kickstarted last year which is an engine building game set in a realistic backdrop of academic sabotage! We'll have copies to sell and happy to sign them.

Cauldron Master - Our current game on kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1529264298/cauldron-mas... a unique blend of social deduction and set collection mechanics that is light and portable but packs a strategic punch. Beautifully illustrated by a famous gothic horror artist.

Dice Hospital - Which will be illustrated by the Quadropolis artist. Will bring in our current working prototype and looking for testers on it. Will be our Summer Smash as we think it it's bloody fantastic ! haha.

Will be there Fri-Sun, just let me know if you want to play any of those games

Looking forward to it, hopefully I'll get chance to try Dice Hospital Zone had an idea for a game that was about solving diseases using dice! Like theme hospital.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caezar Al-Jassar

Cambridge, UK
-- Non U.S. --
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Would love to hear your views.

The game is almost complete. Just need to nail down the fringe mechanics. You use dice as a way to indicate what health level the patient is at.

It feels like theme hospital but is based more in reality
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caezar Al-Jassar

Cambridge, UK
-- Non U.S. --
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also I presume Zone is a typo? I'm looking for an alternative mechanic as an expansion for it and that might be interesting to incorporate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aire Con
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Important Bring n Buy info;

To aid in the busy-ness of the Bring n Buy we'll be trying to streamline how check in is done this year.

If you are planning on selling games you will need to fill in a BnB form this in advance of checking them in. You can either pick them up on the day (we'll have printed copies) or you can download the form and bring it with you; https://goo.gl/Dm8My5

If you get to the check in desk and haven't got a completed form you will be given a blank one to fill out and will have to join the queue again.
Opening times will be;
Friday: 1pm-11pm
Saturday: 10am-11pm
10am-midday check in only, no sales
Sunday: 10am-5pm
Last chance to collect games and cash is 6pm. Any cash not collected by this time will be donated to charity, any games not collected will be donated to the library.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AD .
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will anyone have a demo of Lisboa? If not, its cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerren Lippett
msg tools
For the first convention for the HFON team, we can safely say that we are very excited about seeing everyone there and hopefully we can get a good game or two in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.