Popular Tags: [View All]
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Doodle City! I have 6 laminated sheets from the original game so that I can play it indefinitely!

So I'm wondering if it's worth the expense to import Doodle China from Germany ... are the cities/rules exactly the same as Doodle City? Or different enough to justify having both games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eilif Svensson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
I cannot tell you if you should buy it or not, but I can tell you the differences:
- 6 x 6 grid (instead of 5 x 5)
- Skyscrapers: When drawing in such a space, you either continue to build the skyscraper, or you draw a road (and score it, which is number of floors multiplied by number of connected parks).
- Busses: Same rule as taxis, but you score more (you also have taxis)
- Wild: There is no wild 6 in the game, but when you pick a die pointing to a park (with start roads), you can draw in any field in that row, given that you also cross out a tree.
- When you score a hotel or skyscraper, you circle around a number (as normal), but all other players must cross out this number. Thus, no player can score the same number as another player. That means, the earlier you score, the more difficult it will be for others to score.
- 12 trees instead of 7 (and you get +/- 7 points for least or most crossed out trees).

The game is not published by Aporta Games (but it's Aporta Games' design). You should contact Gamdow Games in China if you can order from them.

Hope this was clarifying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like something I'd want to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.