Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Girard
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
scenario: humans control a region and a battle occurs between the trogs and a different faction in that region.

If the trogs win, do the humans maintain control? Or do the trogs remove the human control token and Replace it with a trogs nest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a 2 or 3 player game, the humans retain control. In a 4 player game, the Trog player gains control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
webchain wrote:
scenario: humans control a region and a battle occurs between the trogs and a different faction in that region.

If the trogs win, do the humans maintain control? Or do the trogs remove the human control token and Replace it with a trogs nest?

In a 2/3 player game, the Human control marker and Trog minis are removed, and a Trog nest is placed in the region.

In 4 player, the Human token is removed, and the Trog player would place a control token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
In a 2 or 3 player game, the humans retain control.

Incorrect. The human control token is removed and replaced with either a player controlled faction control token, or in the case of the Trogs a Trog Nest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizz
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
webchain wrote:

I could be mistaken, But the very moment that anything enters that region, that control token should be discarded. So it should never be possible for a battle to occur in a region between two people who don't control it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandizzle wrote:
webchain wrote:

I could be mistaken, But the very moment that anything enters that region, that control token should be discarded. So it should never be possible for a battle to occur in a region between two people who don't control it.

A control token is not discarded or replaced in a battle region until after the Control Objective for that battle is resolved, during the battle phase.

So in the OP's example, the Human control token remains until someone is declared the new controller of the region.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
Brandizzle wrote:
webchain wrote:

A control token is not discarded or replaced in a battle region until after the Control Objective for that battle is resolved, during the battle phase.

So in the OP's example, the Human control token remains until someone is declared the new controller of the region.

But, under no circumstances can a non-combatant have control of a region after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
This made me think of something that could be a marginal case.

Say I am Humans, and had a Control Token on an unoccupied region with Trog tokens on it. My opponent enters that region, resulting in battle.
The battle ends with a Trog Area Control victory, but with no surviving Trog minis. Should this result in a loss of the Human control token, but no placement of a new Trog token?
Or does a Trog Area Control victory always mean a Trog token is placed, regardless of surviving units? This is in contrast to a Trog retreat, which only happens if units survive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joou wrote:

Say I am Humans, and had a Control Token on an unoccupied region with Trog tokens on it. My opponent enters that region, resulting in battle.
The battle ends with a Trog Area Control victory, but with no surviving Trog minis. Should this result in a loss of the Human control token, but no placement of a new Trog token?
Or does a Trog Area Control victory always mean a Trog token is placed, regardless of surviving units? This is in contrast to a Trog retreat, which only happens if units survive.

Under no circumstances will a non-combatant have control at the end of the meeting. If the Humans aren't there, they will not have control.

In this case, if no Trogs survive, the opponent must Retreat, and nobody will control it, and no Trog tokens will be placed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
Joou wrote:

Under no circumstances will a non-combatant have control at the end of the meeting. If the Humans aren't there, they will not have control.

In this case, if no Trogs survive, the opponent must Retreat, and nobody will control it, and no Trog tokens will be placed.

Grant, I know you are the designer but is that always the case?

What if, in a 4 player game, the Trogs win the Control Objective before being eliminated by either being taken as a prisoner or via attrition.

In our first game we had this happen and with the Trogs winning the Control Objective despite having no units in the Control Objective box (neither did the attacker).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In a 4 player game if the trogs win control they would have control after the battle, even if they all died, just like if anyone else won control but got killed off by attrition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
Joou wrote:

Grant, like what the guy above said, I know you are the designer but where does it state in the rules that trogs don't get a trog nest if all of them die? The two rulings which I can't find in the rulebook are the following:
1) Trog units get removed even if they win and become a trog nest. This is in direct opposition to the rulebook whereby the surviving units go back to the territory plus a control marker (trog nest). Following the rulebook, the outcome should be all surviving trog units plus a new nest spawns.
2) the second point is the current one whereby if all units die in a battle between two players, the one who gets the territory control objective still gets to place their objective token. Following the rulebook it should be no surviving trogs but they still get a new trog nest (or control token).

Again, I'm not arguing with the rulings, I just want to know where they can be found in the rulebook. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
webchain wrote:

In a 2/3 player game, the Human control marker and Trog minis are removed, and a Trog nest is placed in the region.

In 4 player, the Human token is removed, and the Trog player would place a control token.

Where does it say in the rulebook that the trog minis in a 2/3 player game gets removed when trogs win?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
princemousey wrote:
jmathias wrote:
webchain wrote:

Where does it say in the rulebook that the trog minis in a 2/3 player game gets removed when trogs win?

It doesn't explicitly say it in the Rulebook, but there is a clarification in the official F.A.Q.

Page 2, second question under the heading Trogs.

Quote:
Q: If the Trogs win Region Control in a 2-3 player game, what happens to the miniatures?
A: The miniatures are removed and replaced with a Trog Nest token (orange), the same as if you must retreat surviving Trog units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Kenny
United Kingdom
Nr Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if you run out of nest tokens?

Also what happens if the Trogs have to retreat to a region that already has a nest token in it. Do you place a second nest token on the same space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gavken wrote:

Also what happens if the Trogs have to retreat to a region that already has a nest token in it. Do you place a second nest token on the same space?

Not sure it is possible. Supremely unlikely.

There is no limit to tokens on a space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gavken wrote:

You shuffle the discards, and draw one. If you have zero tokens left to place, you don't place one.

Any space can have multiple Trog tokens, so yes you'd place another Trog token in the same place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.