Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have to do an action if you move to a space or can you pass? Can't seem to find a definitive answer in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McLaughlin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 7, in the "Your Turn" section. You must use the place when you step there. If you want to get around this, try the Lord Colony.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the Lord colony is a really excellent workaround for this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing that is irritating is that once you fill up the storage, then you can never stop on that space again because you can't do the action. I may house rule that you can stop there as long as you spend the resources to do it even though you don't actually do the action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jschlickbernd wrote:
The thing that is irritating is that once you fill up the storage, then you can never stop on that space again because you can't do the action. I may house rule that you can stop there as long as you spend the resources to do it even though you don't actually do the action.

Are you referring to the "get storage shed" action? Then, I see your issue. You are allowed to stop on accumulator spaces (can't recall the game name for them) and not take the resources. You are always allowed to either refuse resources or swap out resources you have in storage for new resources. I don't have the rules in front of me, but I'm fairly sure about that.

The other thing is that after a play or two, you'll get better at initial placement of places. I had the problem the first time of being boxed in at my marketplaces. Then I started always putting accumulators next to the marketplace (at least on a few of the exits) so I could always get out. With two markets (and a third after Era 1), jumping to different markets solves a lot of problems also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm referring to the Builder action that has you build more storage. After I have three storage sheds then I can't stop there anymore right?

E: In the appendix it says (under Builder) "Normally, you may build any number of copies of the Building in one action". 'Any number' would include zero but I'm not sure that's what they meant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jschlickbernd wrote:
I'm referring to the Builder action that has you build more storage. After I have three storage sheds then I can't stop there anymore right?

got it

Quote:

E: In the appendix it says (under Builder) "Normally, you may build any number of copies of the Building in one action". 'Any number' would include zero but I'm not sure that's what they meant.

cute. I hadn't thought of that. I doubt zero is allowed, but it'd be nice to hear something definitive.

edit: I just saw the designer's other response. I hadn't thought of that. So you can always pay the cost + 2 tools to raze and rebuild a building. In essence, doing nothing. Cute
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jschlickbernd wrote:

Yeah my house rule turns out to be the real rule except you have to also pay 2 tools for the 'raze'. Totally fine.

And thanks for the recommendation Jimmy, I really enjoyed our three player play through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It can also be worth building extra storage buildings beyond the first three. If you have storekeeper embassies, they allow you to remove the storage building and build another building for the cost of the fee. If you have something that reduces the cost of that fee, you can get some good buildings into play for very little, then rebuild the storage building in a future turn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.