Popular Tags: [View All]
Da Mighty Kip
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it seemed that Awaken Realms was kind of flailing around trying to find the right price point to appeal to a more viral Kickstarter campaign, but I think they've finally hit their stride.

For the $185 (USD) "War Chest Pledge" you get all the factions, plus the path of the stretch goals is finally more apparent: more units per faction, plus additional units for the "Darkness" faction.

This actually seems to be on par (or slightly better) than similarly scaled games (such of "Cthulhu Wars" or "Glorantha: The Gods War").

While I'm not going to say the actual gameplay is yet on par with those two games, the goodie factor is definitely now present. And I would say that I can see the larger potential of the skirmish core that the game represents (although it may not yet be fully realized).

In short, okay; I'll bite. Kickstarter is all about fostering that potential and the KS campaign has already "matured" well enough (albeit a little bit late in their campaign) to make those potentials fun and alluring.

Thoughts from the rest of you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
Playing more games is better!
badge
Collecting games is not playing games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks fun to me, I was already in but I upped my pledge after watching a game play video. Not looking forward to painting all those miniatures, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still on the fence, though I have - temporarily at least - pledged. Watching the miniwargaming gameplay video gave me hope.

There are some really nice tactics card, and it seems that there is a lot to mitigate dice luck. I can't quite decide if the shifting mechanic is really smart or just a gimmick. I like how movement works, and I likle how resource management works.

I'm kinda torn, and I feel the miniature-effect might overshadow an okayish game. I also want to see more of the campaign aspect as it will weigh into my decision, even though I see this mostly as a PvP game.

Also, is Michal Oracz really involved in this? If he is, he is being very quiet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenton White
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awakened Realms have been teasing an update from Michal Oracz any day now. Yesterday in the comments they said they have a 4 page draft from him that they are editing. I'm with you to wait and see his actual involvement before getting too excited.

Game looks fun enough for a play through of a single campaign. On the fence if I'll want to play through multiple campaigns with multiple factions. Will depend on how different the factions play, which Awakened Realms had provided little information. I'm hoping the update from Michal Oracz will provide more information on that point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Peng
msg tools
I was considering backing - but after seeing there is a day 1 exclusive kickstarter bonus turned me off. Early bird bonuses should be a discount off price not exclusive content. They will lose thousands of dollars of backers because of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
Ireland
flag msg tools
kaipeng wrote:
I was considering backing - but after seeing there is a day 1 exclusive kickstarter bonus turned me off. Early bird bonuses should be a discount off price not exclusive content. They will lose thousands of dollars of backers because of this.

Didnt notice this until you pointed out, honestly thats really soured me on the idea of backing it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uthred wrote:
kaipeng wrote:

Didnt notice this until you pointed out, honestly thats really soured me on the idea of backing it

It's a price discount of £8 (~$10). Anyone can add the day 1 figure to their pledge. The content is only exclusive if you didn't get the early-bird and choose not to pay for it.

On the KS page, they have this image at the start of the add-ons:

The first KS update has the same info.

I'm not seeing how this is really any different from a KS with an early-bird that's $10 less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.