Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Sifting thru the rules & Scn rules, it appears while NATO cannot attack T1 in the Sudden War scn, it can disengage.

My question is must it disengage if adjacent as units in a ZOC must conduct combat...?
Or is it units entering ZOC must attack?
madly flipping pages here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick O'Halloran
United States
Asbury Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Bubba
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing it as units entering a ZOC must attack. 7.0 Procedure states, "Whenever a Friendly unit moves into an Enemy-controlled hex, the Friendly Player is required to attack all Enemy units exerting a ZOC into that hex." Therefore, if they start the turn in enemy ZOCs, they do not have to attack but have the option to disengage. However, I'm not 100% sure if I am playing it correctly or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
patricko wrote:
I've been playing it as units entering a ZOC must attack. 7.0 Procedure states, "Whenever a Friendly unit moves into an Enemy-controlled hex, the Friendly Player is required to attack all Enemy units exerting a ZOC into that hex." Therefore, if they start the turn in enemy ZOCs, they do not have to attack but have the option to disengage. However, I'm not 100% sure if I am playing it correctly or not.

Got some feedback on Facebook from the SPI gurus in SPI fan page community. you are indeed correct and for once I played correctly!
Thanks for the assist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.