Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Uherske
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
My parents left the Christmas celebrations early, my mother not feeling well. So the two young couples settled down for a game of Taboo at Jill's suggestion. Jill doesn't play the German strategy games that I do, but she occasionally is willing to play a card game or a clue-giving game, and does very well.

Jill and I played against Tony and the Wee. We got an early lead, but then Tony and the Wee took it back. We weren't sure how long to play, but then decided to just play until we ran out of space on the scoresheet.

I found that Jill and The Wee were both quite good. Each excelled at using the indirect route to the answer. A key to Taboo is avoiding the entire lines of hinting that lead to the forbidden words. For example, when "architect" came up, my clue was "Your brother's profession." Wee was exceptionally good at such external reference points for the clues.

We were in a dead tie after we ran out of room, and played an additional round for sudden death. Jill and I prevailed by 1, but the score wasn't so important as the fun. We were well matched and had a good time.

Jill and Chuck -- 43
Tony and the Wee -- 42

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.