Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Campaign Tracker app? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just curious to find out if anyone is working on or planning to work on an application to track progress through a campaign. I know FFG included a sheet to keep pertinent information on, but an app would be pretty useful. Especially since I plan to have multiple campaigns running concurrently with different groups of people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grab the campaign tracker pdf and edit it each time? No need for a dedicated app for something so simple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I do believe that the people who run the LOTR quest companion site are working on that. Saw a draft of the site but it's still was in the rough stages.

I also so am interesting PDF someone made. Card sized campaign sheets. That way you just sleeve it and could have one for each character in each campaign. LINK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something I would like, which none of the PDFs seem to cover, is a way to track deck builds and changes throughout a campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just write it down? Not everything has to have a special dedicated app and all you're really talking about is writing a little bit of text. Any notepad/memo type app should do it just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, yes, of course one can just write it down, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't also be nice to have a companion app or website to track that information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
Just write it down? Not everything has to have a special dedicated app and all you're really talking about is writing a little bit of text. Any notepad/memo type app should do it just fine.

As with any of these requests, it's always optional and you can bypass it if you don't like it. I have to bite my tongue every time I see someone ask for a scoring app for a game I score in my head in less than five seconds. At least the campaign tracking app can be useful for people who want to play with multiple groups and use the same cards in various decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Something I would like, which none of the PDFs seem to cover, is a way to track deck builds and changes throughout a campaign.

Arkhamdb will support that soon hopefully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Arkhamdb will support that soon hopefully.

Awesome!

And... registered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Price
United States
Neenah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Don't forget the simple cool factor. Sure it can be done with a paper and pencil. But an app just makes it fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Not sure if it's on ios, but if you're on a droid, "Arkham Campaign Guide" is pretty great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Factor
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am Volko Ruhnke's medulla oblongata....
mbmbmb
bd flory wrote:
Not sure if it's on ios, but if you're on a droid, "Arkham Campaign Guide" is pretty great.

Seconded. Easy and efficient; really great for managing multiple, ongoing campaigns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.