Galaxy Defenders» Forums » General

Subject: Can you add in the expacs mid-campaign or? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raegan Ray-gun
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After playing the game on TTS I ordered myself the core set and the two expansions (also the extra agent expansion) and I was wondering: Can I add the expansions in mid-campaign? Or are they standalone or what? Do the expansions generally add worthwhile content?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Extra agents can go in at any time (though they are best with the expansion content because they use some of the new mechanics). The two big box expansions don't really integrate with the core, though; rather they continue the story and add expansion-specific mechanics. If you want you can backport the NPCs and fighting stances, but that's about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raegan Ray-gun
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
Extra agents can go in at any time (though they are best with the expansion content because they use some of the new mechanics). The two big box expansions don't really integrate with the core, though; rather they continue the story and add expansion-specific mechanics. If you want you can backport the NPCs and fighting stances, but that's about it.

Ah, that's a shame! It looks like the exansions add a considerable bit more when it comes to gear and skill builds too. I've enjoyed GD when I've played so far but the limited amount of character build options seem like a bit of a shortcoming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shogekiha wrote:
It looks like the exansions add a considerable bit more when it comes to gear and skill builds too. I've enjoyed GD when I've played so far but the limited amount of character build options seem like a bit of a shortcoming.

This is one of the big reasons I'm looking forward to Sword & Sorcery; I love the tactical gameplay in GD, but you're right that there aren't a lot of viable build options, particularly in the core set campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raegan Ray-gun
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah, yes. I'm looking forwards to that too! I pledged after reading your preview of it. Looks great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.