Recommend
27 
 Thumb up
 Hide
21 Posts

Tyrants of the Underdark» Forums » News

Subject: Aberrants and Undead expansion coming in December rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Faber
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is being discussed in another thread, but it deserves its own. There has been no official announcement - this was simply discovered on the Gale Force Nine website:

http://www.flamesofwar.com/gf9online_store.aspx?CategoryID=1...

Highlights:

- two new decks
- $12
- December release
- contains iconic D&D monsters such as beholders, umber hulks, liches, ghosts, vampires, golems and many more.
- new mechanics include forced card discards and the ability to return cards from your inner circle.

26 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxlongstreet wrote:
This is being discussed in another thread, but it deserves its own. There has been no official announcement - this was simply discovered on the Gale Force Nine website:

http://www.flamesofwar.com/gf9online_store.aspx?CategoryID=1...

Highlights:

- two new decks
- $12
- December release
- contains iconic D&D monsters such as beholders, umber hulks, liches, ghosts, vampires, golems and many more.
- new mechanics include forced card discards and the ability to return cards from your inner circle.



This is awesome. We haven't even played with Demons yet and we're having a lot of fun with this one. This is dirt cheap too, which is kind of a funny contrast with the high cost of the base game.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Faber
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
[q="maxlongstreet"]

This is awesome. We haven't even played with Demons yet and we're having a lot of fun with this one. This is dirt cheap too, which is kind of a funny contrast with the high cost of the base game.


Demons is the most fun deck in the game! Good to see you here Jean-Philippe - I remember you from the WoW Minis tournament scene .
4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
maxlongstreet wrote:
Demons is the most fun deck in the game!


Agreed. I'm also looking forward to some Aberrations! Maybe drive a little mad in the process?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to pre-order it, but I'm not paying 75% of the cost as shipping. I can wait until it hits normal retail channels I guess. But yes, looking forward to it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
I wonder if this means the next 5E campaign book will focus on aberrations. All the other decks (other than drow, being the base deck) have lined up with this.

Dragons - Hoard of the Dragon Queen/Rise of Tiamat
Elemental Evil - Princes of the Apocalypse
Demons - Out of the Abyss
Undead - Curse of Strahd
Giants don't thematically fit, so Storm King's Thunder is skipped
Aberrations - ???
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Daniel
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No brainer to pick this one up for me. Everyone I've played this with has really enjoyed the game so more options is awesome.

This takes the possible deck combos from 6 to 15!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Formersd wrote:
15!


Impressive, that's over a trillion combinations.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samy
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Chaaaarge!!
badge
First Image Ever of a Hydrogen Atom's Electron Cloud
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
Formersd wrote:
15!


Impressive, that's over a trillion combinations.


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Seely
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is showing on miniaturemarket.com as a January release. Well, estimated, at least. Would be nice to get as a stocking stuffer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Lewis
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I talked to John from GF9 this past weekend. He told me that it was being released the third week of December. I don't know if MM or CH, who says they will ship January 31, are receiving their shipment later than other shops. It sounds as if the FLGS near me (Baltimore area) should be receiving theirs in December. The price point is low enough that I'll just pick it there. My son and I love this game, and the more options the better.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferret33 wrote:
I talked to John from GF9 this past weekend. He told me that it was being released the third week of December. I don't know if MM or CH, who says they will ship January 31, are receiving their shipment later than other shops. It sounds as if the FLGS near me (Baltimore area) should be receiving theirs in December. The price point is low enough that I'll just pick it there. My son and I love this game, and the more options the better.


I finally have a reason to break down and make an (better) insert for this game. Something to hold sleeved cards.

Unless someone has already made one?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Chiu
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
Ferret33 wrote:
I talked to John from GF9 this past weekend. He told me that it was being released the third week of December. I don't know if MM or CH, who says they will ship January 31, are receiving their shipment later than other shops. It sounds as if the FLGS near me (Baltimore area) should be receiving theirs in December. The price point is low enough that I'll just pick it there. My son and I love this game, and the more options the better.


I finally have a reason to break down and make an (better) insert for this game. Something to hold sleeved cards.

Unless someone has already made one?


I just use standard deck boxes to hold my cards. I am considering switching to custom made deck boxes for the market half-decks. The standard deck boxes can fit 2 market half-decks. Last time I played, I pulled out the wrong half-deck from the box of two half-decks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Stuntman wrote:
veector wrote:
Ferret33 wrote:
I talked to John from GF9 this past weekend. He told me that it was being released the third week of December. I don't know if MM or CH, who says they will ship January 31, are receiving their shipment later than other shops. It sounds as if the FLGS near me (Baltimore area) should be receiving theirs in December. The price point is low enough that I'll just pick it there. My son and I love this game, and the more options the better.


I finally have a reason to break down and make an (better) insert for this game. Something to hold sleeved cards.

Unless someone has already made one?


I just use standard deck boxes to hold my cards. I am considering switching to custom made deck boxes for the market half-decks. The standard deck boxes can fit 2 market half-decks. Last time I played, I pulled out the wrong half-deck from the box of two half-decks.


I use the Ultimate Guard Stack n safe - has 6 compartments, into which all the sleeved cards fit nicely.
Although the expansion won't! shake
Regards, Sal
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I just ordered it from Wayland games in UK.
£11 inc. Shipping.
Cant wait to play it!

Regards, Sal
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Preordered from Cool Stuff Inc as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Collins
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Has anyone received this yet?

GF9 still showing this as a "pre-order".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Clawbeast wrote:
Has anyone received this yet?

GF9 still showing this as a "pre-order".


Not yet from my preorder. Given CSI's delivery times, usually they ship out within one or two days from receiving it in their warehouse.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Collins
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks. I live a half hour drive from Wayland Games in Essex, UK, so plan to motor over there the second this is released to save on postage time.

It would be good to know asap when it is available!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Radgoski
United States
Gouldsboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why has this expansion taken so long to come out?? It was a Christmas present...and now it's March??
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chinese New Year.

They made an announcement that they had narrowly missed the window to get it produced before Chinese New Year, so that more or less pushes it by two months.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.