Hide
2 Posts

Captain Sonar» Forums » Variants

Subject: Quick game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ashish Nair
msg tools
While I don't feel any game of Captain Sonar has ever been too long, there was a moment in one of our gaming sessions where we wanted to have a super quick game to end our 'Captain Sonar session' before moving on to other games.

Thus, we tried playing real-time but on the turn-based side of the sheets. The smaller map size and fewer function-bars on the first-mate's sheet made the game go by very quickly, but it still had everything you'd want from a Captain Sonar game - tension, quick thinking, emphasis on communication, etc.

While we've only played one game like this so far, it worked out really well, and brought some interesting, albeit subtle differences in strategy/tactics. Has anyone else tried this? Let me know what you think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't had a chance to play real time yet, but your idea sounds good. I'll keep it in mind for when the time is right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.