GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

7,766 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

I'm the Boss!» Forums » General

Subject: Current Eagle-Gryphon board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Bodah
United States
Melrose
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if anyone knew what the latest Eagle-Gryphon board looks like. I saw some version that had a bunch of currency symbols on it that I definitely didn't care for compared to the Face2Face versions. I was wondering if that was the version that was actually released by Eagle-Gryphon or if it is more reminiscent of the F2F boards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Churchill
United Kingdom
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi

I just bought the game from Amazon and its the Gryphon games reprint.

On Amazon it says it is sold by Face2Face but clearly it isn't!!

I must say the big disappointment here is they seem to have stripped out the names of the investors on the board and replaced them with the initials of the investors names (not symbols). Also the cards themselves only have the name of the person not what they do and their slogans which I would imagine detracts from the theme.

Another dissapointment is the money, it is all printed with Sid Sacksmans pictures which whilst I respect he was a great designer and it is a nice homage to him it doesn't really feel like money when the same immage is used on every denomination.

Having never played, seen or owned the previous version I will probably keep this version and hope the money and cards don't get under my skin and that the gamplay takes over.

I can't help feeling a bit miffed at the mo, like I have been short changed a bit...Humpffff!!soblue

Hope someone can pipe up and tell me why this version is any better than the old one?

Cheers
Baz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
Bazmondo123 wrote:

Hope someone can pipe up and tell me why this version is any better than the old one?

Permanent characters are cardboard, not card stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Churchill
United Kingdom
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmb
PeterHendee wrote:
Bazmondo123 wrote:

Permanent characters are cardboard, not card stock.

Yeah I probably was a bit mean not pointing that out myself but thats it. And i wouldnt exactly say they are characters anymore just naf names on coloured card!

Anyway I've calmed down a bt now as managed to get the guy on ebay to post his 2010 face to face edition

Also just had a great night introducing the guys to gaming with, No Thanks to appeal to their Poker brains, then love letter to show card games can be different (big hit) then diamant for a bit of push your luck....finished of with a riotous game of Resistance. Top night gaming.

Baz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Daddona
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus the newer version has a smaller box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.