Hide
4 Posts

The Edge: Dawnfall» Forums » General

Subject: Really excited for this following beastsofwar let's play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S W
msg tools
Was on the fence about this, but just backed after watching the Let's Play here: https://youtu.be/s1Y0wguCuaU

I was looking for a wargame to replace my semi-regular 40k session with an old friend and I think this will be awesome. Small mini count, interesting scenarios and the resource and ability system looks really cool. Rule set looks really elegant too.

It looks like the devs could have done a better job communicating their business model initially, but I'm all over the idea. Putting every model for a faction in a single box for a miniature game reminds me of the TCG shift from booster packs to LCGs, which I much prefer.

The devs have listened to feedback and basically brought the I'll-have-every-faction cost down by around 40% too! The quality of the minis looks great too - not up to KIngdom Death standards, but still very very good for the price.

I really hope this takes off as it deserves too - there's been quite a few questions about cost early on and I hope potential new backers aren't overly frightened off the project without realising the huge steps the developer has made to address these,

S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
Playing more games is better!
badge
Collecting games is not playing games!
mbmbmbmbmb
That video did it for me as well, looks fun and tactical but simple enough to teach people. Thats what I need out of this type of game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kartzinel
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed - that video sold me on it - but I am hoping to see more details about customization - I'm just a teeny bit concerned about the long term replayability (although they've said scenarios and terrain feature heavily in making sure that is not a problem)...Hoping to see more videos of the other factions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenton White
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The video did a great job of communicating the fun in the game. Took this game from a "watch and see" to instaback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.