Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Uherske
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
We continued the party clue-giving game theme by trying Cranium next. I had never played Cranium before (come to think of it, I'm not sure I'd ever played Taboo before, either.)

Same pairings -- each married couple against one another, since it had proven to be so well balanced during Taboo.

Cranium is a more demanding and thought-provoking game than Taboo. Our first questions involved spelling words backwards, filling in the blanks, solving anagrams, etc.

Jill and I were absurdly lucky at first -- repeatedly getting our choice of categories, enabling us to select our strong category -- words. Jill is very good with wordplay, and I'm fairly good as well. Together we solved the anagrams and the spelling challenges with ease.

Tony and the Wee also did similarly well on the "purple brain" questions that enabled them to go on the short track. But they were much less fortunate than us in drawing tougher questions. They kept getting "sculpting" questions and having to signify "sleeping bag" or "spanking" via clay. I began to dread the point where we started getting the Creative Cat questions.

Fortunately Jill is an innate artist so even when we got them it didn't slow us down. We got "golf course" in no time, as her little golf hole depressions were quite evocative.

We took a huge lead early and maintained it through most of the game, though Tony and the Wee made it closer by the end.

Jill and Chuck -- 1st
Tony and the Wee -- 2nd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.