Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Patrick W
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BSG 567 - Gridiron
A tough as nails game for tough as nails people.

Welcome to the 567th Play-by-forum Battlestar Galactica game titled Gridiron! This will be a six player game using the Pegasus expansion with New Caprica as the desination. As it is a six player game, there will be a cylon leader tagging along for this flight or a sympathizer. It will be up to the players to decide during character selection. Everyone seems to love cylon leaders though so I suspect that is what will happen. I have previously modded games 389, 413, 482, and 515 which all ended in a cylon victory and games 436 and 437 which both ended in human victory. With a record of 4-2, the cylons have taken a convincing lead. But will they hold it?

This game is by invite only. The waiting list is being maintained at the BSG PBF Wiki.

Thanks to ColtsFan76 who kicked things off way-back-when and to Orphius, Jasperhawk, and Mawkee who ultimately created and maintain the tools I will be using to mod this game. Special mention to Mawkee whose is still currently making modifications to these very same tools. At least I still think he is. Might not be anything left to do.

Rules

d10-1 In order to participate, you must own a copy of game. This is a requirement by FFG.

d10-2 Use normal text for any discussions. Please Bold any moves, actions, and decisions you are going to take. I will process nothing unless it is bolded. Use Italics for in-character/flavor talk. In-character talk is heavily encouraged and makes the game much more entertaining.

d10-3 Private communication will be done via geekmail between me and other individuals. All other communication should be public in the thread. There should be no private messaging between players. If you have a question, go ahead and send me a geekmail. Messages to me should have a subject line of BSG 567 (Character Name).

d10-4 As this is a PBF, all information is recorded. In the spirit of the game, I will request that no one look back more than one player turn if you need to refresh your memory. Please do not copy and paste skill check results.

d10-5 Use the banners for your character when posting. This helps players keep track of who is who! Banners and any images you wish to use are located here: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/item/1834905#item1834905. Many thanks to Gerryrailbaron. If you are posting on your phone, beginning your post with mobile (character name) is appreciated.

d10-6 Please subscribe to this thread, and try to check in at least once a day. The subscribe button is located near the top of the page. If you are going to be absent for an extended period, please post in the thread or let me know so I can react accordingly.

d10-7 The use of conditional orders (CO) is heavily encouraged as it speeds the game up. If you wish to send me a CO, please start your subject line with BSG 567 (Character Name). Public CO's are not allowed. Tanking will be allowed this game. I'm still skeptical about it, but it didn't seem to ruin anything in 515. In addition, I will assume the following standing CO's from all players at the beginning of the game:

Pass on all interrupts I don't have in my hand.
Pass on Declare Emergency
Pass on Strategic Planning
* on Launch Scout unless there is only one raptor remaining.
* on attacks by vipers or attacks by cylon ships.
Pass on Evasive Maneuvers unless it is the last ship protecting a civilian or a manned Viper.
Pass on all OPGs.

You have a right to change any of these CO's if you wish, but you'll need to let me know via geekmail. I will also shoot out a reminder to everyone at sleeper to update your COs in case a change of loyalty occurs.

d10-8 Follow the secrecy rules. Some often overlooked secrecy violations include:

* Saying "medium" if you've only played one card
* Talking about scouted cards (top or buried) beyond "good" or "bad"
* Identifying which cards/colors you played into a skill check
* Volunteering the contents of your hand if it's not directly relevant to the current discussion

That all being said, I am still human and will make mistakes. Please be forgiving, as I will try to correct them as soon as I see them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick W
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are the six we are running with.

Invitations:
Keisus - Confirmed
lolcese - Declined
coppro - Ignored
Desonos - Declined
KraZug - Declined
svengaard - Confirmed

Alternates:
smaug007 - Confirmed
MorphCS
bobc358 - Declined
Tooner623 - Declined
stever777
Achilles93 - Declined
blark - Confirmed
Mawkee - Declined
rmsgrey - Confirmed
mdmcclel - Confirmed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never been to Caprica. I'm always in for something new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest Chua
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy to be in as an alternate if required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, but I can't play right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McClellan
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I'm happy to join in if needed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest Chua
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just remembered that I'm going to be away for a week at the end of November. If that disqualifies me, I completely understand but I'm still keen to take part and work towards having a substitute for that week...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Pearce
England
Newcastle-under-Lyme
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the invite, but I think I'm going to wait for a game with more expansions, sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Once upon a time, there was this guy named mawkee..
badge
Hey, what are you trying to do??!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm willing to play, but I don't have a strong preference for New Caprica. So if you're short of players, I'm in; otherwise I'll opt out

And thanks for opening this game :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas White
United States
Pacific Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy to alternate, if necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember one game to New Caprica with house-ruled Agendas (no Join the Colonials) where I ended up completing the secondary requirements for every Agenda actually in the pool for the game (and failing Join the Colonials).

Anyway, I'm in though I'm happy to yield my spot to anyone ahead of me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick W
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

We have our six. Going to roll for turn order. Highest roll goes first.

Our turn order is:

rmsgrey: 1d1000 = (859) = 859
mdmcclel: 1d1000 = (600) = 600
[bKeisus: [/b] 1d1000 = (594) = 594
blark: 1d1000 = (513) = 513
svengaard: 1d1000 = (388) = 388
smaug007: 1d1000 = (55) = 55

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 974099. RadTrooper
  • 1d1000 =
  • (594) =
  • [bKeisus: [/b]
  • Tue Nov 1, 2016 12:03 am
  • [+]
  • 974102. RadTrooper
  • 1d1000 =
  • (388) =
  • [b]svengaard:[/b]
  • Tue Nov 1, 2016 12:03 am
  • [+]
  • 974103. RadTrooper
  • 1d1000 =
  • (55) =
  • [b]smaug007:[/b]
  • Tue Nov 1, 2016 12:04 am
  • [+]
  • 974104. RadTrooper
  • 1d1000 =
  • (513) =
  • [b]blark:[/b]
  • Tue Nov 1, 2016 12:04 am
  • [+]
  • 974105. RadTrooper
  • 1d1000 =
  • (859) =
  • [b]rmsgrey:[/b]
  • Tue Nov 1, 2016 12:05 am
  • [+]
  • 974106. RadTrooper
  • 1d1000 =
  • (600) =
  • [b]mdmcclel:[/b]
  • Tue Nov 1, 2016 12:05 am
Patrick W
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

rmsgrey, you are up to select a character first. You can choose from the following: Military Leader, Politican, Pilot, or Cylon Leader. The rest of the crew is free to send me any COs for their selections as well.

As a standard house rule, if anyone selects Cain then Blind Jump will select the first unscouted destination from the destination deck. Unless the entire crew prefers her to remain unaltered. And as a reminder, if no cylon leader is selected we will have a sympathizer on board. If you have not already, now is also a good time to subscribe to this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A) What about Support?
B) Is anyone particularly keen to be a Cylon Leader?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick W
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
A) What about Support?

I'll make and exception only this once and allow you to choose Support. But I don't want to hear any grief from any of you this game about the cy-die or the crisis deck of death.

Yes. I forgot about support characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest Chua
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd prefer our game to have a cylon leader over a sympathizer. It doesn't have to be me, but I'll probably pick it if no one else does - I'm not fussed if someone else want to play one though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't mind playing a Cylon Leader if it's still available when my turn comes around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McClellan
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I'll pass on CL, if someone else wants to play that role. I'll go either Military or Pilot, depending on what rmsgrey picks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas White
United States
Pacific Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to make sure I'm thinking right, we're only picking characters from the core and Pegasus sets, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest Chua
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No issues from me if someone else wants to play CL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. G.
Lithuania
Vilnius
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pass on cylon leader too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas White
United States
Pacific Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played a CL, so I'd be interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick W
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

That is correct Blark. Characters from the base game and Pegasus expansion only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, let's see if I can still remember how to do this:

Random character selector: 1custom14{Roslin;Baltar;Zarek;Ellen;Cain;Adama;Tigh;Helo;Apollo;Starbuck;Kat;Boomer;Chief;Dee} -> ( Chief) -> ( Chief)

Chief Tyrol reporting for duty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 974807. rmsgrey
  • 1custom14{Roslin;Baltar;Zarek;Ellen;Cain;Adama;Tigh;Helo;Apollo;Starbuck;Kat;Boomer;Chief;Dee} =
  • ( Chief) =
  • ( Chief)
  • Random character selector:
  • Tue Nov 1, 2016 11:32 pm
Patrick W
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

By CO, mdmcclel selects Adama.

Keisus, you are up to select next and you can choose anything but a military leader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [31] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.