4 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Jorvak (Adrian Smith character) "Ironclad: Wolfz" passive rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kaemon Plaskacz
Spain
flag msg tools
So I was checking the Jorvak character from the Special Guest Box: Adrian Smith.
His first special ability (in Blue) is "Ironclad: Zombie Wolfz". Does this mean that both him and anyone sharing the same space NEVER take any damage from Wolfz at all? As in, he is always immune, and if someone is together with Jorvak we just decide to assign all the Wolfz wounds to Jorvak (who takes no damage from them) instead of other the survivors.

Seems a little odd and maybe even kind of broken (haven't played with neither him nor Wolfz yet) to negate all the damage from the miniatures with the highest potential damage (they got 3 activations) for it to work like that, but the way its written makes me think it works exactly as I just described. It should be written differently (and with [brackets]) if it implied that he starts with the spell.
It's also a little confusing because he also happens to have "Ironclad: Zombie Wolfz" spell as his special item slot, which I think would be pretty useless and redundant most of the time, since more often than not he can just share the space with the survivor to negate the wounds instead of spending the same action to cast the spell on them (then again, this could just be flavour for his "I understand the ways of wolves" theme while "nerfing" how potentially strong he can be by only allowing him to use a redundant (most of the time) item on that equipment space (or a normal armor).

And since I mentioned the [brackets] thingie for survivors that start with a particular item (I don't own nor have seen any yet). Do they start with that item on top of the default starting item (so start with 2 items and no Blue Skill) or instead of default item (just 1 item in total at the start of the game).

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you understand correctly. If he manages to get the Spell, he can essentially share his skill with others within his line of sight that he might not be able to reach.

'Starts with' items are in addition to the Starting item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaemon Plaskacz
Spain
flag msg tools
Thanks. It just felt weird that he was constantly immune to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that using the spell costs an action and makes a noise, though. But yeah, immunity to wolves is a great ability ... when there are wolves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.