Popular Tags: [View All]
The Seal of Approval
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

I'm looking for a somewhat meaty game that can still be played in about an hour. I have plenty I can play in two or more hours, but sometimes I need something shorter.

Does Leo fit the bill? Is the playing time accurate with 60 minutes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The short answer is no. Of course it depends on the personalities involved, but even with relatively brisk players, you likely won't get a 4 player game in under 90 mins. That being said, I think Leo stands on its own merits alongside other 2 hour games in the same genre, and I wholeheartedly recommend it if you like planning games like Princes of Florence but want a higher level of interaction.

You might want to look into Notre Dame, which should be available any day now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander B.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
If nobody has AP, then yes, 1 hour is almost exactly correct (we have finished 4 player games in that time). Of course, somebody will probably have AP, then the extra time will depend on how much; the game has a lot of thinking, so to play close to optimally, it takes some time.

The game is quite quick, but everyone will have to know the rules and play briskly to get the 60 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cvlw Lebron
United States
Baltimore
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
a 2-player game can definitely be played in 60 minutes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Seal of Approval
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.