Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The terrain rule for low to high ranged attacks states that you add two to the range, and the adjacent squares are not considered adjacent. It is not clear if these rules apply in the reverse. Can I attack a target from the roof to the square next to me on the ground with ranged attacks? Does it suffer the +2 range modifier? If this is classified in the rules please point out where I missed it. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wilson
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
The Nicholas Cage of games! Oh god, not the beeeeeesssss!
badge
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can attack "downwards" into the square next to you with a ranged strike, because the two spaces are not adjacent, and you suffer no range penalty when doing so. This is the high ground advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinW wrote:
You can attack "downwards" into the square next to you with a ranged strike, because the two spaces are not adjacent, and you suffer no range penalty when doing so. This is the high ground advantage.

Thank you for the clarification, Kevin!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.