Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
László Horváth
Hungary
Veszprém
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

During my first - 4p - game yesterday, I noticed that there is only one "baking bread" action space through the entire game. This seemed a very big restriction, given that there are multiple major developments dealing with bread baking.

Or did I get something wrong? Can You somehow use the ability on the major developments - the ones that transform wheat to food - any other way than the one action space?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ovens allow you take bake bread when you first build them, but otherwise, barring occupation cards that modify the rule, the sow / bake bread action space is the only other way to make bread. It is but one method to generate food however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin Addis
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baking Bread is one of the tightest parts of the game. I avoid it (if I can) as my food engine unless I get an Occupation or Minor Improvement that allows me to bake under other circumstances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wells
United States
California
flag msg tools
I've never found the sow and bake space to be heavily used. That said, I don't pursue a baking strategy without card support to give extra grain, plow extra fields, or gain extra baking actions. I also try to always take a baking action when buying an oven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.