Hide
10 Posts

Ultimate Werewolf: Ultimate Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Talisman of trouble rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Glambeck
msg tools
So we play with the artifacts and the talisman of trouble came up. Do we have to kill two during the first day. Or is it a choice to kill up to two?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What does the card say?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Glambeck
msg tools
The Talisman of trouble reads "two players are eliminated during the day that this artifact is revealed."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that it depends on how the game is being played. If the Moderator plays such that day kills are mandatory, then the second one should be too just to be consistent.

But I think the official rules probably are more flexible than that and don't require a day kill. I know with its timer rules, time can run out and disallow the day-kill, so there's some evidence that it's "may" rather than "must".

But I play my own style and require the day kills to keep the odd-even balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
I will assimilate you
mbmbmb
We play it that THAT day there have to be two lynching's before night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Amekins wrote:
We play it that THAT day there have to be two lynching's before night.

Right, how else can you read it???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might read it that there are two lynches that day. But if there are other rules in the game concerning lynches, they may apply also. Such as maybe the mod plays that the group can vote to have no lynch at all each day. Or that there are no lynches at all if a timer runs to zero, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
I will assimilate you
mbmbmb
Mods like to interpret rules differently. I don't feel there is necessary a wrong way to play any role. Experimenting with what works for your group is the best advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Glambeck
msg tools
If you play that you HAVE to have 2 lynching's that day then how do you enforce it? How do you make everyone vote in favor of killing a certain person. I think we ended up playing where if a second killing didn't take place then would would do a one night ultimate werewolf elimination where on the count of 3 everyone just points to who they want to kill. Person with the most votes dies. Opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done that and it's a fine way to do it. There are other similar ways, but that's probably the fastest. Other methods can allow more accuracy and be less prone to fudging with a slight hand movement.

Hidden vote, simultaneous vote, person-by-person public vote (first voter random), one-by-one pick "safe" players, Lupus in Tabula method (person by person with a revote of final 2 (or more if tied), and I've even tried random.

Currently we do "safe" players and we call it "going to tribunal".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.