Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Hopkins
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I played this about 5 times tonight, and I have a question.

If player A begins saying their answer first, but player B finishes saying their answer first, who wins?

So my answer is Great Expectations for Charles Dickens Novel, and your answer is red for Leaf Color, who wins if I begin saying Great Expectations, but you finish saying Red before I finish saying Great Expectations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dhopkins wrote:
Okay, I played this about 5 times tonight, and I have a question.

If player A begins saying their answer first, but player B finishes saying their answer first, who wins?

So my answer is Great Expectations for Charles Dickens Novel, and your answer is red for Leaf Color, who wins if I begin saying Great Expectations, but you finish saying Red before I finish saying Great Expectations?

I'd give it to the person that started first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan White
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll probably give a tie and a showdown/faceoff to tie-break.

If someone at the table had a differing opinion, I'd poll all the players to together agree upon a result that the majority of folks could get behind (be it first to start or first to finish).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew innes
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hi there

I'm the creator of Anomia. The official rule is that the player who FINISHES saying a correct answer first wins the face off. However, I am a big believer in creating your own house rules. so, you can resolve that in a different way if you see fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anomiapress wrote:
Hi there

I'm the creator of Anomia. The official rule is that the player who FINISHES saying a correct answer first wins the face off. However, I am a big believer in creating your own house rules. so, you can resolve that in a different way if you see fit.

Interesting. It would seem unfair for people with long answers. I think we will continue to play with first to start unless the person is just dawdling.

Fun game, though, and has done well with many groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.