$35.00
Mohit Goel
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. School - As I understand, the last fully-filled production row can be shut during a production action

a) Is this marker allotted to a particular factory like Workshop and Foreman?

b) If the 4th production row is partially filled, can the school be used to shut down the third production row? If yes, then the wages are paid for workers and machines in row 1, 2 and 4, right?

2) Stock Exchange - Can the stock exchange action be used to take multiple contracts - that is contracts across more than 1 good, or is it restricted to taking a single contract only

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Schröder
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
"The game is out there, and it's either play, or get played. That simple." (Omar)
badge
"The game is out there, and it's either play, or get played. That simple." (Omar)
mbmbmbmbmb
1a: No, you can use it with any factory
1b: No, you can only use this for the last (highest) row
2: You can take as many contracts as you want

Cheers,
Jörg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohit Goel
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoergBoerg wrote:

1b: No, you can only use this for the last (highest) row
Jörg

I am not sure if that is correct as I read in one of the other threads that you can only close down a row that is full. Hence, my question, about the last row being partially full.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Schröder
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes of course is has to be the last full row because otherwise it would not produce anyway. But you cannot choose a row.
I did not read the "partially" though - so my answer was not clear, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoergBoerg wrote:
Yes of course is has to be the last full row because otherwise it would not produce anyway. But you cannot choose a row.
I did not read the "partially" though - so my answer was not clear, sorry.

Sorry, but that's not true.

From the rulebook wrote:
A player owning a school may close his last occupied production row.

School close the last occupied production row (doesn't matter if it is full or partial).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Schröder
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I checked again and in the german rule it states clear that the school may close the last "functional" row.
A non producing, not fully occupied row is not functional in my interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would require the input of
Stefan Risthaus
Germany
Wolfsburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohit Goel
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any clarity on this - if the last production row is partially filled, then what happens when I use the school?
a) Does the last row get closed - partial or full
b) Does the last full row get closed; wages are paid for the last partially filled row

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.