Hide
7 Posts

Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Blocking vs Teleport? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre Smothers
msg tools
This came up in a game we played. Character had teleport spell but was being blocked. Does this have any effect? We ruled that it did but we started leaning towards that being incorrect a couple rounds later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
Blocking skill has no effect on Teleportation spell. It blocks physical Movement from one place to another. With Teleportation you simply vanish from one place and reappear in another ("Beam me up, Scotty").
Experts will confirm (or not).
Related: casting a spell is an action, so it's affected by hindering, unless the caster possesses the Concentration skill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm no expert but I agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Talionis
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Official answer here : http://www.monolithedition.com/conan-en/dans-les-griffes-des...

"Yes, Teleportation ignores hindering and the Blocking skill. This will be added to the new rulebook."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roolz wrote:
Blocking skill has no effect on Teleportation spell. It blocks physical Movement from one place to another.

Apropos Movement: the English version of Teleport unfortunately uses the phrase "move your model to an adjacent space" to describe the action (making it sound like a Movement action), which is possibly why this particular question comes up so often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hatt
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if it is considered movement, the spell specifies you ignore physical barriers, so if you can "move" (i.e. teleport) through walls, why could you not teleport through enemies even if they have the blocking skill?
Its perfectly obvious for me that the teleport spell is not hindered by blocking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mathhatt wrote:
Even if it is considered movement, the spell specifies you ignore physical barriers, so if you can "move" (i.e. teleport) through walls, why could you not teleport through enemies even if they have the blocking skill?

Because not all of us can read French. The English edition of the rules leaves out the part about ignoring physical barriers, relying on the implicit definition of "adjacent" (which is never concretely defined, though it is indirectly defined in the Wall Wrecker skill as ignoring barriers).

If the English edition of the rules/cards/skills were as good/clear as the French, there would certainly be 99% less hate flowing through the forums right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.