Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

this game looks very cool - any chance that this gets published/kickstarted somehow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Highly unlikely. Unless whoever currently has rights to the IP (Fantasy Flight?) pick it up for publication of course. We can always hope though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizkids i guess. I must say unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess a solo play only game is not attractive for a publisher if they have to pay a lot for the IP - I was thinking that maybe the game could get a generic SF reskin as it happend to Battlle Star Galactica Express which was pick up by Stronghold and reskinned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gina Laurie
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather pay to have it printed well and keep the Star Trek theme. I have a copy of the original printed by Artscow and it's beautiful. Also got some custom dice. It's easily one of my favorite games. Check out the file section for a redesign of the cards and mat that makes them even more retro and thematic. I'm going to get them too when the final design is ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wray
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeeshkul wrote:

The game designer / publisher would need to get the rights from CBS Consumer Products. I don't think WizKids have exclusive rights to Star Trek games.

Mayfair Games published a Star Trek game last year or so.
Gale Force Nine just published Star Trek Ascendancy.
Fireside Games published Star Trek Panic a few months back.

He would need the rights before doing a Kickstarter, but I believe it is possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ginalaurie wrote:
I'd rather pay to have it printed well and keep the Star Trek theme. I have a copy of the original printed by Artscow and it's beautiful. Also got some custom dice. It's easily one of my favorite games. Check out the file section for a redesign of the cards and mat that makes them even more retro and thematic. I'm going to get them too when the final design is ready.

I'm working on it too. On way from Artscow and I'm getting custom dice cut but no telling when it will arrive. Then I need to package it up. A plastic tube I guess with the playmate. Not sure how to print a nice little book from the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gina Laurie
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You'll have fun with it, I'm sure. I use tokens from an oid star trek monopoly game and store the whole thing in an unused ST Sceneit box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
JackhammerJohn wrote:
yeeshkul wrote:

The game designer / publisher would need to get the rights from CBS Consumer Products. I don't think WizKids have exclusive rights to Star Trek games.

Mayfair Games published a Star Trek game last year or so.
Gale Force Nine just published Star Trek Ascendancy.
Fireside Games published Star Trek Panic a few months back.

He would need the rights before doing a Kickstarter, but I believe it is possible.

Yes that makes sense, you are right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you really want to push to get this published but can't find anyone that can secure the Star Trek IP rights for it, then I would recommend contacting Amarillo Design Bureau, Inc. to see if they would be willing to publish it under their Star Fleet Universe brand of games. It would require some minor "de-branding," but you'll still be able to keep the theme at least 95% intact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.