Popular Tags: [View All]
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
In honour of the brave crew of Hr.Ms. Java 27-02-1942 † Battle of the Java Sea
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed Privateer Press has a new freeby Halloween themed scenario available. You can download it at http://privateerpress.com/city-of-ghosts-halloween-scenario

They mention you need the Blackriver Irregulars expansion but apart from missing some of the mentioned heroes from the flavor text I don't see anything essential missing from the base set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch! That scenario looks to have some meat to it. Hopefully, I can give it a try later in the week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boshar wrote:

They mention you need the Blackriver Irregulars expansion but apart from missing some of the mentioned heroes from the flavor text I don't see anything essential missing from the base set.

It uses several of the new tiles from the BRI expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Boilerman wrote:
boshar wrote:

It uses several of the new tiles from the BRI expansion.

That's where my (limited) drawing talent comes in
It doesn't look to bad, maybe I can substitute it with some of the tokens in the basic box or other stuf I have laying about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All basic game tiles. One of the cisterns looks somewhat strange and the magic circle is a circle of coins but at least I don't have to draw something

Oh and no grates. Just the open/closed markers. You also need open closed markers for the control space (after you find them) but that could be easily solved by putting a coin token on closed controls.

You see money solves everything. But I'm a sucker for content so when the expansion finally hits Europe I will probably get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm thinking of replacing some of the included villain tokens with actual Warmahordes minis. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be direct coorelation with the current catalog.

So far, I've decided on: Skorne Void Spirits for the Sepulchral Lurkers. Splitting up a Cryx Withershadow Combine and using two for the Unkillables and the one holding the book for the Excuciator. Possibly using Ghost Raiders for the Ghostly clones (less than perfect). I might use my spare Doorstop for the Possessed Jack, but I'd rather have something more ominous-looking, and wielding a sword to look right. Crypt spiders are a no-go, so I'll likely steal a couple of my SoB Void Spiders and base them.

I have no idea what to use for the Dreads or Specters, though. Ideas?

I'm also going to use my spare health tokens (I have 2 cores, btw) and number them and number the Tricks and Treats, rather than use the side mission cards. I think putting numbers on the heart side and placing them skull side up on the map would be cool, we'll see.

I think it's cool that they make new villains for these missions and include tokens for play. But I've said before, if they make the cards available, I'll buy minis for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.