BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Best Solo Medieval Dungeon Crawlers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
I need a game for when my gf isnt around that can play great solo, but it shouldnt be solo exclusive as I intend to tempt my gf into it in the future devil

Preribly a game that is medieval themed with swords, heroes, beasts, dragons, etc.

I would also like it to have a great amount of replayability as I intend to play this a lot to pass the time. The more quests, monsters, etc... The merrier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sword & Sorcery ... coming soon ...

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
Not Ravenloft and its sequals. The mechanics that programmed the monsters was boring and the game incentivized the heros to separate a bit instead of staying in a tactical formation. It all just felt clunky.

Mage Knight is cool but is about a super powerful character conquering the country side of a fantasy environment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:
Not Ravenloft and its sequals.

Also known as Dungeons and Dragons Adventure System Board Games. To each his own, but this is my recommendation. I own all of them and play them most often solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan B.
United States
Shelby Township
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but Lord of the Rings: The Card Game is fantastic solo and you could argue it has a dungeon crawl feel. I also really did not like the D&D system, so do your research on those. I haven't played it, but using the app and controlling the characters yourself in Descent would be a possibility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sma Winston
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dannydeuce wrote:
Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but Lord of the Rings: The Card Game is fantastic solo and you could argue it has a dungeon crawl feel. I also really did not like the D&D system, so do your research on those. I haven't played it, but using the app and controlling the characters yourself in Descent would be a possibility.

+1 for Descent + Road to Legend app. Lots of material out there for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Realm

Not for the feint of heart, but if you're up for it, provides a great fantasy adventure experience. Unlike anything else out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
Thanee wrote:
Sword & Sorcery ... coming soon ...

Bye
Thanee

Looks nice. Will keep an eye for it

dannydeuce wrote:

I know it has a lot of replability and such with all the expansions but I cannot afford to keep up with LCG unfortunately, as a student and part time worker :\

Quantum_Jack wrote:
Magic Realm

Not for the feint of heart, but if you're up for it, provides a great fantasy adventure experience. Unlike anything else out there.

Looks really neat. Will check more about it and decide! Thanks for the suggestion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.