United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
msgt pepe wrote:
Designer's latest guess is April 2017.
which is about a year late...seems like if they'd finished the game before getting the new PC game on Steam we'd probably be playing by now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More like 16 months but it'll be worth the wait. And for anyone thinking of asking for a refund, think investment... I believe this game will fetch a hefty price down the road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my good wife conquering a Shopping Mall.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
msgt pepe wrote:
More like 16 months but it'll be worth the wait...

I couldn't agree more. As far as an investment goes, no thank you... Games are meant to be played. I am also a backer and I look forward to this.

Regards,

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oneilljgf wrote:
msgt pepe wrote:
More like 16 months but it'll be worth the wait...

I couldn't agree more. As far as an investment goes, no thank you... Games are meant to be played. I am also a backer and I look forward to this.

Regards,

Jim

Est. 1949

Jim, I'm playing mine as well. That comment was meant for those who might ask for a refund.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantin Lubsky
Germany
München
flag msg tools
Is this game already available for pre-order? If so, where can you do it?
If not, when will it be so?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whether it's worth the wait has nothing to do with:

- the lack of info/updates, esp for a game so late
- other than the fact that the effort obv went from getting us our game as pledged, to working on a Steam PC game (and this was confirmed by the designer)

trying to "spin it" by saying the PC game would help the board game makes no sense; the board game was developed/designed when we pledged...which was way before the PC game...and even if it did who cares? we paid for the board game, which could/should have been in ourt hands now if it weren't for the Steam PC game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantin Lubsky
Germany
München
flag msg tools
Where did you find this info (April 2017), Pepe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Weihs
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be hesitant to blame it just on the Steam version. Glenn DID bring that up as one of the reasons. However, there was a fairly significant redesign in the cards late in the production of the game that had a lot to do with delaying the game as well. We can probably lay the blame on the computer version for that as well, but only because the computer version allowed a great amount of playtesting to be done on with the design which allowed Glenn to improve the design based on those discoveries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Konstantin wrote:
Where did you find this info (April 2017), Pepe?

It was posted on the game's Kickstarter page by its creator Glenn Drover, I believe it was dated October 18th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Seelig
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
The PC Game of Napoleon: Victory and Glory was planned first! On 2/26/2015 on the Napoleon in Europe Forums Glenn wrote, "The new game will be PC first and (possibly) a board game latter." On 9/08/2015 Glenn wrote, "The PC game is almost done!... we expect to publish with Slitherine/Matrix Games in December or January. We are also going to offer a board game version on Kickstarter."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Weihs
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, but Glen, himself, has said that there were some post go-live work on the computer game that had delayed work on the board game. He has also said that theses changes resulted in changes to the board game that improved the board game design. I am comfortable with that decision. I am an investor in getting this game off the ground. Kickstarter is not supposed to be a pre-order service. People need to realize this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.