$5.00
$15.00
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the tutorial and subsequent missions I've been coming across instances shown below where a monster group gets only one thing that they can do. Usually spot or engage.

The confusion comes in that the tutorial prompt clearly says that there's a second action instructing the zombies to attack. Except, as far as I can see, there isn't. Just engage, which only instructs the monsters to move in a certain way.

Is this a bug perchance, or are we just to assume that they should attack if possible, if they can't do anything else in the list?

Edit: Should have mentioned this is on Android v1.2.1(261). Another screenshot for an Ogre group added too:

Edit 2: This has been fixed in v1.2.2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: RTL What to do with single monster actions?
Without the instructions "the second action instructs..." it seems to make sense. The monster would engage and then, if still not adjacent to a hero engage again. Zombies in particular couldn't do this because of shambling. However, it would be no different than if the first action were "engage" and the subsequent actions were impossible- cycle back to the beginning of the list until you've done 2 actions or exhausted all possibilities.

That being said, the instructions in the box above really make it look like a bug, because they reference a second action where none exists. There is not generally an implied "the monster attacks if it can." Either the instructions are wrong, or the action list is. Either way, bug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark P
Canada
Kitchener
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is one zombie in the tutorial who can only do one action I believe. He is the farthest one from the nearest hero. He does an engage action to use all of his movement points but is not adjacent to the hero by the end of the action.

Because of the "Shambling" condition of the zombie, he can't move again. I believe the other actions were to attack the nearest hero but he couldn't. Cycling through his action list he wasn't able to do anything and so could only do one action and his turn his over.

It's possible this box is only meant for you to look at the surge list as part of the tutorial. Shambling might be listed in there for you to see.

I've run through the first tutorial quest about a week ago and don't remember running into any single action activation boxes like this. I'm thinking this is specific to the tutorial at that moment.

You said you've seen this happen a few times? Was this throughout the the rest of this tutorial?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is one zombie that can only take one action in this part of the tutorial, but this instruction box applied to all minions and the master, when his turn came around.

I've also seen it occur yesterday in later missions outside the tutorial, where fleshmoulders (for example) would be instructed to "spot nearest hero", and there be no other actions in the list for it to possibly take.

Edit: In fact, cycling through the mission the Ogre screenshot above came from, most of the actions were just engaging with heroes, barely any attacks mentioned at all.

If we're not supposed to assume they attack anyway, then I'd say something's not right here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
The activations in my experience (And extensive testing) never have a "Spot/Engage" action and nothing else.

In your case, I would say you have a bug. I opened up the tutorial and made a screen cap of the same situation you have, only my zombies seem to have two actions in their activation:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never played the tutorial mission, but apart from that I played around 10 quests and I have never seen Monster AI with just one entry. I have only gotten monster AIs that don't feature attack action if they have an active ability they use instead (for example the Barghests howl).

So I'm quite positive this is a bug (especially if it happens outside the tutorial).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
foxreinard wrote:
The activations in my experience (And extensive testing) never have a "Spot/Engage" action and nothing else.

In your case, I would say you have a bug. I opened up the tutorial and made a screen cap of the same situation you have, only my zombies seem to have two actions in their activation:

Definitely a bug then. I'm able to reliably get this error on both my phone and tablet with the latest android version. Splig campaign with four characters if that is relevant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Witkowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just played a mission in a campaign and got it a lot. To make things funnier, I mistakenly skipped Merric Farrow's activation (which had a full list of actions) chose "force activate" and got only one action - spot. So if this is indeed a bug, it is not limited to tutorial...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joeri Rotthier
Belgium
Hemiksem
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Had this frequently during our Delve last weekend.

3 hero's

Came up 5/6 times in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I reported this as a bug a week ago and pleased to say v1.2.2 appears to fix the issue:

Quote:
Fixed monster activations displaying only the first line of the activation.
Fixed Serena Lieutenant activation text.
Fixed Health discrepancy of Abomination during tutorial.
Fixed typo in Golem activation
The Delve: Added clarification for Workman’s Ring.
The Delve: Fixed Jinn’s Lamp issue.

Yay bug fixes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.