United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
I looked at all the local craft and hobby stores in my town today and could not find match boxes. The only recommendations any of the clerks had was to try one of the other stores, but to no avail. I am planning on using them for storage of wargame (ASL) counters.

Do you guys know of any online sellers that would sell empty, blank matchboxes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Instead of those, then why don't you get some of the "snack"-sized zip-loc baggies? You can pick up a box of these at the local $1 store or wherever they are also available, cheaply, and then be in "business" already! You're obsessing on that 'item' and for no really good reasonings upon this, so get the alternative already now! Are you still here? GO...now!
surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason C
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I just went to the supermarket and picked up a 12 pack of matchboxes for $2. I then dumped the matches into a larger container for use and used the boxes for game storage. (Betrayal at House on the Hill, if you want to know).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
Decision Games sells the mini ziploc bagges too which are made to store counters. You get a roll of a 100 for $5. I use them quite a bit for counter storage. I still have old wargames in which I used matchboxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are all kind of storage solutions, why go matchboxes? are they going inside Plano cases of some kind?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, have been impressed by some of the matchbox implementations yet I can't find a good source anywhere.

Let me know if you find one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
Walsfeo wrote:
There are all kind of storage solutions, why go matchboxes? are they going inside Plano cases of some kind?

I like the matchbox setups I have seen because they are highly modular and have a much shallower depth than Plano cases. I plan to use a Plano case for the information counters but for the various OOB, I think matchboxes would work better. I was planning on storing them within the Yanks and the Beyond Valor boxes as they seem to be the right depth to handle them.

For the record, I do use Plano cases or equivalents for many of my other games. I just don't see that as being as effective here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you keep the matchboxes organized? Does anyone have pictures?

About a decade ago I used the Plano fly fishing boxes for counters, those worked very well for counters, so did the weekly medicine trays with the snap tight lids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scroll down these pages and you'll see some interesting matchbox counter storage methods:

http://www.desperationmorale.com/museum/aslmuseum-counters.h...

http://www.desperationmorale.com/museum/aslmuseum-counters2....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge