Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In The Serpent's Awakening, heroes have the option of attacking a door "as though it were an enemy character" to break it open (requiring 5 damage).

May the OL "defend" the doors by spending gems and rolling Orange (==the default, where not otherwise specified) dice (and paying gems to re-roll)?

Unfortunately, the official Monolith scenario site[1] (with its per-scenario comment areas) only includes the core-most 8 scenarios, not this one, or i'd post this question there.

[1] = http://www.monolithedition.com/conan-en/scenarios/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personnaly don't need clarifications for this kind of question. As the door doesn't move nor has any armor or shield, it can't defend itself.

That's how I would play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
I personnaly don't need clarifications for this kind of question. As the door doesn't move nor has any armor or shield, it can't defend itself.

The OL represents, in addition to monsters, fate and luck working against the heroes. Bad luck could prevent a hero from being able to bash down a door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:

;)

What if it's actually a mimic? https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jI_8xe1qmUY/SnDnAgKc-dI/AAAAAAAAA...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Talionis
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that doors can't have Active Defense (=no dice).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
poifpoif wrote:

The OL represents, in addition to monsters, fate and luck working against the heroes. Bad luck could prevent a hero from being able to bash down a door.

This is totally right. But still, I wouldn't allow reroll personally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff DeLeRee
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
poifpoif wrote:

That's how I would play it. ;)

Wouldn't the bad luck be the attacker rolling blanks on the attack? I personally don't feel that rolling defense dice for an inanimate object makes any sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glen bruton
msg tools
mb
no clarification needed. Doors cant actively defend themselves. Its your gaming group though so feel free to do the opposite !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Watch out for doors that can counterattack!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s alvooch
msg tools
I know, old thread, but... My scenario book has this listed for the other heroes, but doesn't show their starting position on the scenario sheet. I've read thru it and didn't see it in there...

Where do Valeria and Shevatas start this scenario?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Zsolt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's written in the Special Rules under "Infiltration". They are placed in an area that also has a blue Bossonian Guard. I assume first turn is the point at which the marker is moved to one, not the zero turn when Conan is on his own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s alvooch
msg tools
Footballzs wrote:
It's written in the Special Rules under "Infiltration". They are placed in an area that also has a blue Bossonian Guard. I assume first turn is the point at which the marker is moved to one, not the zero turn when Conan is on his own.

Awesome, thanks! I looked right over it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.