Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a rules question regarding the end of a turn. I couldn't find it in the rulebook perhaps some of you guys could help me. "Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind, (...) But I'm only human after all, I'm only human after all"(Rag'n'Bone Man).

I have got stunned in my turn. After discarding my cards and so on I still managed to defeat a villain. At the end of my turn a new villain is revealed possibly triggering the effect of himself or other villains (see page 12). But I also get reset to 10 health (see page 13). What would be the right order of the end of a turn:

a)
Reveal the new villain, trigger the effects, restore to 10 health

or

b)
Restore to 10 health and then reveal and trigger the effects?

Both times it says just "at the end of your turn" in the rulebook, or eg on page 10 there is no restoring step.

We played it like b) so that we didn't have a possible advantage regarding a rules question.

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berent
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar question when I was trying to figure out how to play.

Look at the bottom of the "Hero Health" section (page 13 in my rulebook).

It says the last step to take after someone is stunned is: "At the end of the Active Hero's turn, you have recovered. Reset your Hero's health to its maximum value (10)."

Also, the "End Your Turn" section says you replace a villain you've defeated that turn as part of the clean-up actions, so the new villain wouldn't trigger its effect until the start of the next player's turn anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Villains effects will not trigger when you reveal them at the end of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I have to be more specific. Spoiler game 4:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
We had two death eaters in play and every time a new villain is revealed, All heroes lose 1 health. So in this case we will lose 1 health immediately. And this leads to the question of my first post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moo Cow
msg tools
mb
Stealman wrote:
Ok, I have to be more specific. Spoiler game 4:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
We had two death eaters in play and every time a new villain is revealed, All heroes lose 1 health. So in this case we will lose 1 health immediately. And this leads to the question of my first post.

Kevin was on the right track.

Page 10 gives you what steps to complete to end your turn. Your turn doesn't end until you've completed all 6 steps, and you reveal new villains on the 2nd step.

So you wouldn't lose any health when they're revealed, because you're still stunned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Barney
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I have a question on this that I ran into on game 6 with my Fiance, what if you have a death eater out, and 1 health, during the end of step phase, we reveal a new villain, I get stunned. I have to discard, but I already played my hand, what happens here?

The way I did it was I didn't discard any as I already played and cleared my hand, added 1 to the location and that was it, after that I reset my health to 10 and drew 5 cards and she took her turn.

Was I in the right, or should I have discarded half the 5 cards I drew?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Norel-Wilson
Scotland
Loanhead
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
International Man of Mediocrity
mbmbmbmbmb
Dbarr74 wrote:
I have a question on this that I ran into on game 6 with my Fiance, what if you have a death eater out, and 1 health, during the end of step phase, we reveal a new villain, I get stunned. I have to discard, but I already played my hand, what happens here?

The way I did it was I didn't discard any as I already played and cleared my hand, added 1 to the location and that was it, after that I reset my health to 10 and drew 5 cards and she took her turn.

Was I in the right, or should I have discarded half the 5 cards I drew?

I had this question too. The way I played it from the "Step 4: End your turn" sequence on page 10 was:

- Replace the villain in (2), triggering the Death Eater's effect
- Trigger the Stun rules on page 13 - no cards or tokens left to discard, add 1 to the location
- Continue from (3), performing the usual clean up, only drawing cards in (6) - these are safe from the Death Eater's effect.

Basically this means that being stunned by a Death Eater is less hassle than by other villains as you don't lose any potentially valuable cards, and actually heals you for the next turn in exchange for a location control token being placed. I hope I played it correctly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Barney
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
That was the same way that we played it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moo Cow
msg tools
mb
Yup - sometimes there's an advantage to be had when you're low on health by playing your cards, doing as much as you can, and then purposely getting stunned via some game mechanic so that next turn you don't need to start with a smaller hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.