$30.00
Mike L
United States
Tiverton
RI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy EH and have a decent amount of plays under my belt. I know everyone says this expansion is necessary for EH but is it really needed if I have the other small boxes to fill out the content? I haven't really had an issue with running into the same cards yet.

I enjoy the focus aspect of the game that the other expansions add. I know this doesn't do that (it's just more content, right?).

Summed up, do I need this (I get it, I don't NEED anything for EH!) or should I be okay with my two expansions? Do they flesh out the game enough for me? I don't imagine I'm going to play this 75 times or anything like that, maybe a couple dozen over the years.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikester9809 wrote:
I enjoy EH and have a decent amount of plays under my belt. I know everyone says this expansion is necessary for EH but is it really needed if I have the other small boxes to fill out the content? I haven't really had an issue with running into the same cards yet.

I enjoy the focus aspect of the game that the other expansions add. I know this doesn't do that (it's just more content, right?).

Summed up, do I need this (I get it, I don't NEED anything for EH!) or should I be okay with my two expansions? Do they flesh out the game enough for me? I don't imagine I'm going to play this 75 times or anything like that, maybe a couple dozen over the years.

Thanks!

I think you need it if you are planning to still use the 4 ancient ones from the base game. Without Forsaken Lore, they each have only 4 mysteries and 8 research encounters compared with the usual 6 and 24. Forsaken Lore provides the additional mysteries and research encounters for these ancient ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike L
United States
Tiverton
RI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's good to know! Thanks for the info there. I didn't realize they fleshed out the base game AO's!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.