Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am guessing that we are supposed to remove the trays and go out and buy bags for storage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shallowz wrote:
I am guessing that we are supposed to remove the trays and go out and buy bags for storage?

i don't know of a single game which comes with a complete storage solution, certainly not for a payload the size of Conan's. Search this forum for the word "storage" in the subject line and you will find descriptions and pictures of various options.

Some people re-use the plastic minis holders, some use organizer boxes, some are still looking for storage solutions for painted minis. This is not a problem specific to Conan, so you may also find suggestions in other forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
shallowz wrote:

i don't know of a single game which comes with a complete storage solution, certainly not for a payload the size of Conan's. Search this forum for the word "storage" in the subject line and you will find descriptions and pictures of various options.

Some people re-use the plastic minis holders, some use organizer boxes, some are still looking for storage solutions for painted minis. This is not a problem specific to Conan, so you may also find suggestions in other forums.
Mechs vs minions, conquest of nerath, the pathfinder card games, but yea very few games come with a storage that works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
Mechs vs minions, conquest of nerath, the pathfinder card games

i don't know any of these.

VaeVictis666 wrote:
but yea very few games come with a storage that works.

Which reminds me: i do indeed know of one: Ogre Designer's Edition comes with some trays for holding the counters, but they're absolutely useless - the counters go everywhere if the box is turned on its side.

In any case, the KS never mentioned any sort of storage, nor has Monolith hinted at it in any updates, so it should come as no surprise that Conan has no built-in storage solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go check out Mechs vs. Minions, number 3 in the hotness, best value you will ever get in a boardgame for the price. Surprised anyone hasn't heard about it at this point. Prepainted, massive amount of minis and a box to hold everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
Go check out Mechs vs. Minions, number 3 in the hotness, best value you will ever get in a boardgame for the price. Surprised anyone hasn't heard about it at this point.

i've heard about it. i don't know it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Additionally there's a difference between packaging which is designed to hold the contents and keep them safe during transit from factory, to distributor, to shop, to you vs what's a good solution for storing the game efficiently, and (generally) only has to protect the contents on a short journey to your game shop/club, at most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shallowz wrote:

Why would you want to do that, they come in useable plastic trays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Major Mishap wrote:
shallowz wrote:

For a given definition of "useable" .

My initial attempt at storage kept the tiles and the minis separated. After a single game, i found that i needed a huge amount of time to sort through both sets (tiles and minis), at which point i repackaged my minis to be stored with their corresponding tiles. This saves me lots of time both during setup and cleanup. The pictures on many of the tiles differ wildly from their minis, making them particularly annoying to match up if the mini and tile get separated.

i.e. for those who keep the minis and tiles packed together, the mini trays the game came with are not a viable storage solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Major Mishap wrote:

Games that package minis like this are intended for shipping not utility. While you can use the same trays for storage, I find that they are really annoying for setting up and putting away the game.

YMMV
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. S.
Germany
Nidderau
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Storage is also quite a personal thing I suppose. My Conan game is still an unsorted pile, because I still have no clue how to sort it. I think the approach to place mini and card in one containment is a good one, but what about the other stuff (tokens with some terrain imagery on it for ex.).

Looking at my pile of stuff I also have a hard time to find out which cards are useless duplicates and which not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dahkon Dahkon
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this and it works for me :
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1662245/tiles-tuck-boxes-sto...

FTZ got a good storage solution in my opinion. They do though about what to do with cards and tokens once you depunch the boards... Unfortunately Monolith didn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Baldyman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Feldherr are developing some foam storage solutions for both boxes.
https://www.feldherr.net/for/conan/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found that King's Pledge plus:-
10 Giant Wolves
1 Vanir Valkyrie
1 Sabretooth-tiger
5 Black Dragons
Xavier Collette Box
Brom Box
Paolo Parente Box
1 Dragon
10 Crossbowmen
Doors pack
25 Counterbases

pretty much exactly fits in the 2 supplied boxes. Ditch all the minis-trays apart from the dragon, snake and Thaug ones then:-
The river goes in the Conan02 box (note that it's a different size to the Conan03 box) with all minis bagged up. Then that with the snake goes down the side, along with bagged up tokens. Rules go on top.
The excess French/English (whichever you don't use) tiles then go under the dragon tray in the Conan03 box then all the tiles and other components. The Thaug tray goes along side it, then the doors in a box in the remaining room (I found a Jenga-clone box that fitted, perfectly). Character sheets go on top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dahkon Dahkon
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My solution in pictures :

Tuckboxes for tiles and sheets. Dices in Dicebag and everything else in plastic bags.

The second box got all the tokens.

What's missing is the monsters as I store them in a display cabinet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
For those interested in sturdier storage and not averse to removing the game from the boxes, Miniature Market has the Games Plus line of pick & pluck trays and bags on 50% off. You can get a bag for $25 and any of the trays for $5 each. If I had more funding I might do KR Multicase, but this is at a much more reasonable price point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.