Walk the Plank!» Forums » Variants

Subject: Variant with no shared wins. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
In Get Bit when there are two people left its whoever if in front of the line wins. How about in Walk The Plank that whoever's meeple is closest to the ship wins when there are two meeples of different colors left as they are "safer" than the other color?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Steely
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If that's how you like to play, I say go with it. Of course...that just means more work for the one winner. He'll not have a buddy to scrub the deck with. Might want to have your one friend that will talk to you on the boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twinge
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you wanted to break ties, I'd probably suggest:

A) Whoever has the most pirates left wins - you could be down to 2 players but one has more pirates.

B) If tied on pirates, whoever has the most pirates on the ship itself; if tied check each space from there.

C) If still tied, just call it a shared win. Doing another round would be pretty unsatisfying because options are too limited and the turn order can be too important.

Personally I've always liked the shared win at the end, though - adds a nice touch of camaraderie after all that aggression =) Also keep in mind that you DO still finish playing out the round when you get down to 2 players - so if you plan things right you might be able to pull a solo win even without any new rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.