Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Mason
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So I played MvM last night for the first time and we seemed to get everything mostly right, but I have one question which involved our winning move for the evening on mission 1. I was towing the bomb behind me and I was standing on the repair pad. A minion attacked me and I drew a damage card that told me to move 2 spaces in the direction of a die roll.

I interpreted this as "gaining two movement" in a particular direction and used it to move 1 space while towing the bomb onto the pad.

Is this correct? Or should I have moved two steps away from the bomb?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is correct. Damage cards are not a penality, they are just malfunction in your mech programmation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Mason
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome! Legitimate victory!!!!!! (yelled from mountaintop)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Grats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Tosh
msg tools
I hadn't thought of using the damage that way during the minion attack phase. Pretty clever. I suppose it could also be used to tow other mechs if the situation calls for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Kuch
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Edit: per WD Yoda's response below, ignore this post - I have been playing this part wrong for all my missions so far. Sometimes reading short, easy words is difficult work :-P Thanks for the correction WD Yoda!

Original Post: it should be noted that you should not have won immediately, as the damage card you pulled should have gone into your command line. So you should have rolled the 6-sided die, put the card into whatever numbered space was rolled, and then next turn when you were executing your command line, if you can still use the card to tow the bomb, then victory is yours!

Only the cards with the trash can icon happen immediately, the ones with the slot icon don't happen immediately but instead are put randomly (usually) into your command line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Artrean wrote:
it should be noted that you should not have won immediately, as the damage card you pulled should have gone into your command line. So you should have rolled the 6-sided die, put the card into whatever numbered space was rolled, and then next turn when you were executing your command line, if you can still use the card to tow the bomb, then victory is yours!

Only the cards with the trash can icon happen immediately, the ones with the slot icon don't happen immediately but instead are put randomly (usually) into your command line.

You always execute a damage card's effect before discarding it/putting it aside the command board/rolling a die and putting the damage card in a slot.

It's on the rulebook, under "Damage".

Quote:
For all damage types, first execute the instructions on the DEAL Damage Card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.