Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that Epic has been delayed for a month and a half or so (until December), I went back to my old thread of a year ago about my playing a few of the old games with the new tactic (second) card deck. At that time I had played only a few of the 'retrofits'--the 3 Waterloo campaign battles, a couple of Prussian struggles and a couple of Austrian actions. That has not changed, as I've been busy with other games.

Now that I've got some extra time until Epic arrives, and I still want to train some new folks with the CCN system, I'm wondering if you have any to recommend? (I have all of the expansions to draw upon as necessary).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still recommend Busacco as a training scenario, and that hasn't changed by the Tactics cards.
http://www.commandsandcolors.net/napoleonics/maps/peninsular...

Depends on the players and their interests, but the Peninsular campaign scenarios are mostly the simplest and most accessible.

Generally the Austrian 1809 scenarios are pretty good, but the Austrians are a bit trickier to play with their Line special rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo As an additional note, I see that the six new Expansion Six two player standard format Austerlitz scenarios are now available on the Bayernkini site! They should be playable with what we've got so far I'd imagine, with perhaps a substitute unit/terrain hex or two. So there's another way to go for us impatient CCN players!

I'll be reporting these Adventures at Austerlitz on the Expansion Six Epic Napoloenics forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.