Bios: Genesis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Promoted mutation - mutation cubes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two slots for mutation cubes in upright corner. Left is full, right has (+) on it. I understand that I add cube to that slot with (+). If there was no cube on unpromoted side of the mutation, does the left slot remain empty? Or does it count as there is cube on it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
enzoone wrote:
There are two slots for mutation cubes in upright corner. Left is full, right has (+) on it. I understand that I add cube to that slot with (+). If there was no cube on unpromoted side of the mutation, does the left slot remain empty? Or does it count as there is cube on it?

From memory: mutations without any cubes are lost?
Except if some virus stole the cube.
Interested to hear the answer on this one.

edit: just checked in the rules example on page 31 where it explicitly states that you can promote even if the cube is parasitized and that you get only the + cube.

edit2: ninja'd by the master himself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
enzoone wrote:

Yes, you add a new cube to the slot with the "+". If there was a cube on the unpromoted side, it carries over to the promoted side, in the other slot. But if there was no cube on the unpromoted side (because it was diseased), then this slot remains empty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:
enzoone wrote:

Yes, you add a new cube to the slot with the "+". If there was a cube on the unpromoted side, it carries over to the promoted side, in the other slot. But if there was no cube on the unpromoted side (because it was diseased), then this slot remains empty.

So I can steal diseased cube from parasite (red queen) and fill this empty slot up with stolen cube?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
enzoone wrote:
phileklund wrote:
enzoone wrote:

So I can steal diseased cube from parasite (red queen) and fill this empty slot up with stolen cube?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.