Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not clear in the rules and is only mentioned in an example. Could you show me where in the rules this is stated?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Faulkner
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 13

"Whenever a monster enters (or is placed in) an investigator's room (or vice versa), the investigator must immediately make an attribute test called a HORROR TEST.

....

If the investigator leaves the monster's room and then re-enters the room, he must make another horror test. He must make a horror test every time he enters the monster's room (and every time the monster enters his)."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That isn't clear to me. Please, explain the rule instead of just quoting the rule book.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Faulkner
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fret_gurglo wrote:
Page 13

"Whenever a monster enters (or is placed in) an investigator's room (or vice versa), the investigator must immediately make an attribute test called a HORROR TEST.

....

If the investigator leaves the monster's room and then re-enters the room, he must make another horror test. He must make a horror test every time he enters the monster's room (and every time the monster enters his)."


Perhaps the confusion lies in your title. Investigators do NOT roll horror test when they enters a monsters space, but instead when the investigator enter a room with a monster in it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No my confusion is clearly confused.

The way the rule is written, it's written after,

"If the investigator leaves the monster's room and then re-enters the room, he must make another horror test."

So investigators only make a horror check in this situation?

or should this line stand by itself,

"He must make a horror test every time he enters the monster's room (and every time the monster enters his)."

Just stop quoting the rule book and just explain it please, or don't reply.

I can read the rule book myself

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Faulkner
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how to be more clear. EVERYTIME an investigator enters a room with a monster roll Horror test. That means first time and all subsequent times.

This is line that proves that:
"He must make a horror test every time he enters the monster's room (and every time the monster enters his)"

This line:
"If the investigator leaves the monster's room and then re-enters the room, he must make another horror test."

Is there to remove doubt about rolling for the same monster.




I find your tone rather rude and condescending. You specifically asked for a quote from the rulebook showing this and that is what I provided, then you criticize for quoting. This is my last post as I no longer wish to continue conversation, I'm tired of going out of my way to help you.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hovercraft wrote:
Just stop quoting the rule book and just explain it please, or don't reply.

I can read the rule book myself

Seriously, watch your tone here! People are trying to help you! In your original post you specifically asked for a rules excerpt and now you come with this? ...some people... shake
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
Hovercraft wrote:
Just stop quoting the rule book and just explain it please, or don't reply.

I can read the rule book myself

Seriously, watch your tone here! People are trying to help you! In your original post you specifically asked for a rules excerpt and now you come with this? ...some people... shake


you can't read tone on a message board
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hovercraft wrote:
Anduin wrote:
Hovercraft wrote:
Just stop quoting the rule book and just explain it please, or don't reply.

I can read the rule book myself

Seriously, watch your tone here! People are trying to help you! In your original post you specifically asked for a rules excerpt and now you come with this? ...some people... shake


you can't read tone on a message board


Yes you can. And yours is rude, condescending, and ungrateful. In basically all of your posts, including this one. Your original post also lacks the word "thanks", or "please" and therefore also bordersob rudeness.

I fully understand the other poster's reluctance to help you further.

You're welcome.
5 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hovercraft wrote:
No my confusion is clearly confused.

The way the rule is written, it's written after,

"If the investigator leaves the monster's room and then re-enters the room, he must make another horror test."

So investigators only make a horror check in this situation?

or should this line stand by itself,

"He must make a horror test every time he enters the monster's room (and every time the monster enters his)."

Just stop quoting the rule book and just explain it please, or don't reply.

I can read the rule book myself


The rule book is pretty clear. Can't fault a guy for quoting it.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mb
Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.