Subject: Expansions Retail? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the new expansion content be available retail from normal supply channels or will it only be available from the website? Was going to try and have my FLGS order it for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Kjerland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Orabbi,

Yes, the new expansions will be available in retail starting in November. I held off releasing them until all shipments to the Kickstarter backers were complete. You can order from any retail store starting on Tuesday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great thanks for the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
"Thick as a Snicker"
mbmbmbmbmb
Any online retail sources showing them?
I've look on CSI and MM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet online by the look of it. I tried with my FLGS but I think they thought I was pranking them when I told them the publishers name. He asked me twice then kind of got a little snippy. Going to try again though in person this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like they can't find it through their normal distribution channel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
"Thick as a Snicker"
mbmbmbmbmb
orabbi wrote:
Indeed I received the same response from CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Kjerland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
If you talk to an online or retail store and they don't know about Slaughterball, you can have them contact www.hitpointsales.com to place orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:
orabbi wrote:
Indeed I received the same response from CSI.

That is weird since they carry the main game. You'd think they would have be able to get the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ErikFrog wrote:
If you talk to an online or retail store and they don't know about Slaughterball, you can have them contact www.hitpointsales.com to place orders.

I'll have to check with my FLGS to see if they will/can do that. They are pretty small so it might be wishful thinking at this point to get it from them.

Here's hoping that
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
"Thick as a Snicker"
mbmbmbmbmb
contacts CSI again about getting it at the new location

Gah I could get everything all at once if it were at CSI. I'm a stickler on shipping unfortunately yuk

Worst case scenario I start saving up to get everything at once from the slaughterball site to avoid paying a spare leg on shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
"Thick as a Snicker"
mbmbmbmbmb
ErikFrog wrote:
I'd like to recommend Hit Point Sales to any online seller, but at this time don't think I should. Navigating the link and FTW Games entry, it appears Hit Point Sales only offers the Slaughterball base set. I'm confused.

Quote:
Gah I could get everything all at once if it were at CSI. I'm a stickler on shipping unfortunately
Me too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
"Thick as a Snicker"
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides the game's website, are pre-orders anywhere available online?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed the other day that MiniatureMarket has quite a few items that are distributed by Hitpoint Sales. I sent them an email asking them if they might be able to obtain the new teams and arenas. Got an email back saying they would check with the purchasing dept to see if it was possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
"Thick as a Snicker"
mbmbmbmbmb
Good detective skills, orabbi.
Thanks for the corresponding with MM and replying here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Kjerland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Thanks, orabbi!

I have made the Slaughterball add-ons available to distributors via HitPoint Sales. However, it can be difficult for small publishers such as us to get our products carried at stores. But, it can definitely help if customers request our products because that shows demand. I'll contact HitPoint Sales again to see if any online stores have started carrying our crunchy goodness. I'll let you all know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MiniatureMarket got back to me today and said they will not be carrying any of the slaughterball teams or arenas.

I also checked with coolstuff as well since they have quite a few items from hitpoint as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max POWER
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my team Legion from my flgs today. It took a while from when they ordered it to actually get it in store but all that matters is that it's in my grubby mitts now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
"Thick as a Snicker"
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuesday I called my FLGS, Game Kastle in Fremont.
The very helpful employee was doubtful they'd have Slaughterball expansions in stock for at least a lengthy amount of time stating
They didn't stock the KS project, Exploding Kittens, a game customers were persistently asking about, until a year later.
I provided the name Hitpoint Sales and she assured me she'd pass the name and request onto the store owner.

I also emailed Miniature Market (forgetting orabbi wrote them) and received their response this morning.
I'm hoping MM can get some pre-orders established!
Quote:
Good morning, Unfortunately we do not carry them at this time. I have sent a request to the buying department to see if we can get any information on them. Please let me know if there is anything else I may further assist you with and thanks for choosing Miniature Market!

Michelle W
Customer Service Representative
Miniature Market

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep that was the same message I got back from Michelle in response to my email. 2 days later she sent out the reply that she had checked with the purchasing dept and they said they don't plan on carrying that item.

Who knows, maybe your 2nd request might push the purchasing dept into action. Most likely though I'd anticipate a similar response.

I'm going to have have to check with the other big FLGS here in town to see if they might be able to get it for me. I'm pretty sure they only order from Alliance though so not sure if they'd be willing to try contacting Hitpoint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well struck out on the other large gaming store in town. Can't imagine the smaller ones would be able to get it. Guess I will start saving up to try and get everything at one go from the website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.