Subject: Does the cube format limit other forms of play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering whether creating a cube with my three decks would limit other forms of play (draft, sealed, preconstructed, hero journey)?

What would be the problem of basing all of those play modes from the cube?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Re: Does the cube format limits other forms of play?
AlexFS wrote:

I was wondering whether creating a cube with my three decks would limit other forms of play (draft, sealed, preconstructed, hero journey)?

What would be the problem of basing all of those play modes from the cube?

Draft and sealed would work great. "Preconstructed from a cube" makes no sense, preconstructed is decks of 30 made out of each colour from the base set. So creating a preconstructed deck means taking those cards out of your mixed cube set by definition. Same with hero's journey if I remember the format right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Does the cube format limits other forms of play?
Thanks for the answer!

You are obviously right, I should have been more explicit : in my mind a "pre-constructed" from a cube would be a randomized set of 30 colors from the same alignment, drawn from the cube.

Hero journey would be selecting 30 cards from two sets of 30 cards of a given alignment randomly drawn from the cube.

Perhaps those modes should be given a different name than pre-constructed and hero journey whenrandomly drawn from the cube, since it is still possible to fish for all the cards necessary for the strict definition of those formats as they are all in the cube.

I'm just wondering if creating a cube would be a pain in the neck if I want to play pre-constructed or hero-journey, or if I can safely go for a randomized approximation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlexFS wrote:
Thanks for the answer!

You are obviously right, I should have been more explicit : in my mind a "pre-constructed" from a cube would be a randomized set of 30 colors from the same alignment, drawn from the cube.

Hero journey would be selecting 30 cards from two sets of 30 cards of a given alignment randomly drawn from the cube.

Perhaps those modes should be given a different name than pre-constructed and hero journey whenrandomly drawn from the cube, since it is still possible to fish for all the cards necessary for the strict definition of those formats as they are all in the cube.

I'm just wondering if creating a cube would be a pain in the neck if I want to play pre-constructed or hero-journey, or if I can safely go for a randomized approximation.

Pre-constructed suggests a deck that's been constructed beforehand and you're just putting it together as it says. I don't think you can call something that's randomly assembled at the time "pre-constructed" without confusing most of the people you're talking to! Of course you can pull any cards out of your set of epic and put together particular decks, like the demigod card lists or the same-colour base card lists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.