Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting:

http://americanmilitarynews.com/2016/10/virginia-young-democ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
But a Republican woman in Iowa voted twice!!!!11111oneoneone!

Dear idiot.... not voter fraud, as no votes were cast.

Your sludge bucket actually tried to VOTE twice, which is voter fraud.

See what a lack of education does for you... you always get shit wrong. Like your sad, sad life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:

Let's see. We have ongoing Republican actions to suppress the votes of tens of thousands of minority voters in Indiana and North Carolina but you're focusing on a failed attempt to register 19 voters. This is pretty fucking stupid even for the usual alt right standards here. Get your head out of trumps posterior the methane is obviously causing brain damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
shake "attempted", yet STILL was 'prevented', and CAUGHT by his OWN Party members 'unlike' the "R"-"ilk", "corrector"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel confident that there is going to be an inconsequential number of fraudulent votes cast on each side.

That said, for this instance:

Quote:
“First of all, there was no voter fraud — they caught him,” Toscano said. “Nobody cast a vote. . . . There’s still no evidence of that going on in the state.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Drew1365 wrote:
But a Republican woman in Iowa voted twice!!!!11111oneoneone!
surprise BY your 'definition' that WERE "considered" thus, as we-alls believe it's: "Alice-the-GOP-Goon".
/robot\ ~"I learnt THIS from you GOP-'aye'!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

Let's see. We have ongoing Republican actions to suppress the votes of tens of thousands of minority voters in Indiana and North Carolina but you're focusing on a failed attempt to register 19 voters. This is pretty fucking stupid even for the usual alt right standards here. Get your head out of trumps posterior the methane is obviously causing brain damage.

Trump's basket of deplorables is stocked with many Mid-westerners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

What? You mean the system already designed to prevent voter fraud prevented voter fraud even before anyone even entered the polling station?
Incredible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:

It's notable for how closely it mimics the alt-right narrative of "thousands of dead people voting!"

Anyway, like the other Republican lady, they got caught. It does make you wonder how many slip through the cracks, as the checking mechanism is apparently "some lady who knew that dude's son."

For democracy's sake, I would of course prefer that all voters be alive, singular people.

Regardless, people who say "it never happens!" are silly, the argument is that it's very rare, and not necessarily worth the resources it would take to combat, as previous studies have shown. But, if you want to argue those studies were partisan, I'm totally fine w/ having more studies done.

Telling your constituents it's fine to vote twice if it's for you is pretty messed up, though. I'd say it was "disqualifying" but that word has lost all meaning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
Terwox wrote:

Regardless, people who say "it never happens!" are silly, the argument is that it's very rare, and not necessarily worth the resources it would take to combat, as previous studies have shown. But, if you want to argue those studies were partisan, I'm totally fine w/ having more studies done.

It's a problem of dealing with people who's first instinct is to twist words to their worst possible meaning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Terwox wrote:

It's a problem of dealing with people who's first instinct is to twist words to their worst possible meaning.

The way to combat that isn't to exaggerate to the point of lying, though.

Just tell the truth.

So many people want to make a "bigger" point during an argument, but being dishonest underlies your entire message when things like this actually happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I'm sure this is all an innocent mistake, too.

Quote:
Jerry Mosna was gardening outside his San Pedro, Calif., home Saturday when he noticed something odd: Two stacks of 2016 ballots on his mailbox.

The 83 ballots, each unused, were addressed to different people, all supposedly living in his elderly neighbor’s two-bedroom apartment.

“I think this is spooky,” Mosna said. “All the different names, none we recognize, all at one address.”

His wife, Madalena Mosna, noted their 89-year-old neighbor lives by herself, and, “Eighty people can’t fit in that apartment.”

Quote:
Our preliminary assessment is that this appears to be an isolated situation related to a system error that occurred causing duplicate ballots to be issued to an address entered for a single voter.

So it was 89 ballots for a single person, or not?

Quote:
The 89-year-old neighbor to whom the stack of ballots was addressed is hard of hearing, and was unavailable for comment. The Mosnas stressed that the ballots clearly were not for her -- and have not even discussed the issue with her.

So they tampered w/ her mail w/o alerting her? I'm not saying they should be prosecuted, but it is a crime. Perhaps they actually know her and know she'd simply be upset, but going through someone's mail and then not telling them about it seems off.

Like, Swedes-biking-after-midnight off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Terwox wrote:
So it was 89 ballots for a single person, or not?

89 ballots with different names on them all sent to the address where one person lived alone.

Left on the mailbox. Where anyone could have picked them up, filled them out, and sent them in.

Shouldn't we work on getting the voter rolls cleaned up?

Quote:
Our preliminary assessment is that this appears to be an isolated situation related to a system error that occurred causing duplicate ballots to be issued to an address entered for a single voter.

As in, the gov't and the citizens are not telling the same story. That's interesting. The citizens are acting the least bit funny, and the gov't is too. I assume this is hardly news, but it's interesting around the weird narrative surrounding this election.

And yes, absolutely, clean the voter rolls and reduce clerical errors.

There was another thread where I asked for evidence of large-scale voting fraud you said you had seen. I'm still curious if you run across it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I'm sure this is all an innocent mistake, too.

Quote:
Jerry Mosna was gardening outside his San Pedro, Calif., home Saturday when he noticed something odd: Two stacks of 2016 ballots on his mailbox.

The 83 ballots, each unused, were addressed to different people, all supposedly living in his elderly neighbor’s two-bedroom apartment.

“I think this is spooky,” Mosna said. “All the different names, none we recognize, all at one address.”

His wife, Madalena Mosna, noted their 89-year-old neighbor lives by herself, and, “Eighty people can’t fit in that apartment.”

Trump's gonna need a lot more than 89 ballots in California to swing it into his column.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for letting us know that existing voter fraud protections are working as intended! I assume this means you will accept the results on Tuesday?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's be real. Those folks gave a goddamn lot for this country. Should we really let them being dead stop them from having a voice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Voter fraud at the POLLS is as close to non-existent as it can possibly be in a human-run system.

But no one ever disputed that the potential for abuse, if not actual abuse, occurred with mailed absentee ballots.

Funny how all the voter ID laws addressed the problem that isn't a problem and did not address the problem that is a problem.

Ha-ha-ha....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
chopkins828 wrote:
Thanks for letting us know that existing voter fraud protections are working as intended! I assume this means you will accept the results on Tuesday?

They aren't. The only reason this was caught was that, by chance, the person recognized one of the many names as someone she knew was deceased. While it only took one, if that one hadn't been known then they would have been registered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Errors like this are lamentable, but assuming there's a conspiracy based on a paucity of evidence...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Butler
United States
Hughesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I read the headline differently

Subject: Virginia Young Democrat Caught Voting For 19 Dead World War II Vets

I think dead vets would make excellent leaders - I'm sure they'd be as effective as regular politicians and they wouldn't be constantly be saying and doing stupid things because, you know, their dead.

Hummm, I might just vote for a dead vet on election day. "I like Ike!" oh, wait, he already did his two terms.... or should I say two worms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.