Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

NEXT SESSION : Wednesday November 2, 2016.
GAMES : There are usually 50-100 games to choose from.
WHERE? THE LOUNGE of the Canadian Legion Branch 351 - Centertown, 330 Kent Street (The Montgomery Legion)
WHEN? Gaming starts at 5 pm and goes until 10
COST: FREE!!
PARKING : Kent and Somerset have parking, as well as the nearest side streets which are Gilmour, Maclaren, Cooper and Lisgar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkham may have a wee bit long play time for a Wednesday session.
(Maybe start at noon?)

ML

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe play that shortened version. Whatchamacallit... Elder Signs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a bit of a smaller turnout but much fun was still had.

While we were waiting for people to arrive I broke out Junk Art, a big dexterity/stacking game, and six of us joined in the fun. We played the Monaco, New York and Paris art shows. Monaco is a bit of a race game with the game ending when someone placed their last piece and players scoring based upon the number of pieces they managed to stack. Sue built a solid 10 piece structure to take an early lead. New York is about height, with a sudden ending. Patrick jumped out to an early lead, stacking pieces end on end. Wendy then surged ahead. Sharon and I were neck and neck for third. On his last placement Patrick decided to settle for second rather than risk a collapse. Wendy first, Patrick second and Sharon nips me by 1/2 a centimeter for third. At the Paris art show we were building a community art piece. All Wendy had to do was survive (not cause three pieces to fall off) to win the game. She did and took home the Junk Art trophy. This was a lot of fun and there is a game in there.

Next, Wendy, Sharon, Alain and I played City of Spies: Estoril 1942. This is an area control game where there are six locations on the board each round. Each player then places spies with various characteristics (strength and effects like assassination, diplomacy, nationalism and seduction and endgame VPs) into spaces on each location. At the end of the round locations are resolved one by one and the person with the most strength on a location recruits the "reward" spy. Then, players discard spies until the they have six spies in their stable. After four rounds players score based upon 1 VP for each discarded spy, VPs for each remaining spy in their stable, and VPs for the four missions (where missions are based upon who has the most of particular features in their remaining six spies). This was a lot thinkier than it looked, lots of fun. And, I did very, very well.

Finally, Wendy and I taught Alain Diamonds. I surged out to an early lead (cashing in lots of diamonds while shooting the moon a couple of times) but for some reason Alain and Wendy kept stealing each others gems while I remained quiet. Things slowed down for me in the last 2 rounds while Alain had a great run. In the end we were all within 5 points or so but my early lead held up.

Meanwhile, Sue, Steve and Patrick Terraformed Mars using the nifty cube holder that Patrick bought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.