Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Hands in the Sea» Forums » General

Subject: Advanced land combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Torni
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We have been playing with the advanced land combat rules introduced in the companion guide and there are some questions about them.

Is this variant designed primarily to give more combat power to light units and to emphasize planning/building a versatile deck or is it more as flavor for those who want more complex combat system?

Do people use this variant often? This is for those who have played the game a number of times. I think it should be introduced after a couple of plays.

Did we get the rules right? In the guide it said that you get a bonus for the last card your opponent has played. We interpret this as the latest card played that round. For example if the Roman player reinforces his battle with two actions, first sending in the cavalry and then sending in a legion, on the following turn the Carthagenian player would not get a bonus for war elephants against the cavalry.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zorbo2000 wrote:
We have been playing with the advanced land combat rules introduced in the companion guide and there are some questions about them.

Is this variant designed primarily to give more combat power to light units and to emphasize planning/building a versatile deck or is it more as flavor for those who want more complex combat system?

A bit of both I suppose, but mostly the former. I have a much more complex Army building and battle system that I haven't published, but may someday.

Quote:
Did we get the rules right? In the guide it said that you get a bonus for the last card your opponent has played. We interpret this as the latest card played that round. For example if the Roman player reinforces his battle with two actions, first sending in the cavalry and then sending in a legion, on the following turn the Carthagenian player would not get a bonus for war elephants against the cavalry.

Correct.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arunas Rudis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djberg96 wrote:
I have a much more complex Army building and battle system that I haven't published, but may someday.



Someday? ...Christmas is coming, that would be nice present!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Torni
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for the answers Daniel. I will keep my eyes open for the possible future projects with your battle system.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
darzininkas wrote:
djberg96 wrote:
I have a much more complex Army building and battle system that I haven't published, but may someday.



Someday? ...Christmas is coming, that would be nice present!

It's a pretty radical change from the base game, and is more complex. It also requires modifying some of the strategy cards and random events.

It's still in the alpha stages at the moment, and has had zero playtesting, but I'll post it here eventually. Probably not until next year, though.
2 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.